PDA

View Full Version : An open invitation to plane makers/repainters.

Mobayrasta
November 3rd, 2009, 06:37
As I have contacts with all of the NAVY Reserve squadrons and depots, and am new to this community and have no building or painting skills, I was trying to think of a way I could help some of the awesome designers and repaint artist at this wonderful place.

If you need pics of NAVY Reserve airplanes, or certain details that I can help with please feel free to contact me. In this thread or via PM

Chris Junkin
Asst. Depot Program Manager
NAVY Reserves
CNAFR N43D1
NAVAIR 6.0R

Christopher . junkin @ navy .mil

X_eidos2
November 4th, 2009, 03:33
Here's a challenge for you.

I'm currently working on building a model of a tail hook equipped SNJ. The exterior model is finished. I'm now working on the interior. I have read three or four different accounts where the release for the tail hook was done simply with a rope wrapped around the arm rest on the left side of the forward cockpit.

Nobody seems to have any drawings or photos showing exactly how this rope was laid out in the cockpit.

From further reading I've learned that the addition of the tail hook assembly to the SNJ was done at NAS Pensacola and not at the NAA plants.

Right now I'm building the rope set up in the VC with best guess engineering :-) (animating a rope in gmax ain't fun)

Any insights would be appreciated.

Mobayrasta
November 4th, 2009, 05:38
That is a difficult one! I am going to contact a few retired NAVY pilots that trained in the Texan and see what I can get out of them.

Mobayrasta
November 4th, 2009, 05:50
I am also going over to visit the Pax River Air Museum and see what they can dig up for me. They love questions and problems like this. Report back soon.

Chris

X_eidos2
November 4th, 2009, 12:13
Thank you very much.