PDA

View Full Version : USS Nimitz Update preview

Thrawn
November 2nd, 2009, 14:50
Hi,

Next week IŽm going to release an update to my USS Nimitz/Eisenhower package. Among other bugs, I've fixed the elevator glitch and corrected some minor inaccuracies in the island. All four catapults have now steam effects and an animated "shooter". However the most important new feature is the addition of a new configuration called "Underway Replenishment (UNREP)". This configuration includes a new model of USNS Patuxent, a Henry J. Kaiser class fleet oiler.

With this release, I consider this project finished and I'll move on to the next one, a 1980's version of Nimitz and Carl Vinson.

Javier

Wingmate
November 2nd, 2009, 14:54
Looks Awesome

Nick C
November 2nd, 2009, 14:58
Fantastic. Any chance it will be released as a complete package, rather than an update?

I only ask because I lost my previous installation of FSX in which I had the previous version, if you released a complete new version, it would save me hunting down the original file on my backup drive. :engel016:

Selfish, me? :d

Thrawn
November 2nd, 2009, 15:01
That's the plan. I should call it a new version rather than an update. The new release will contain the whole package.

Fantastic. Any chance it will be released as a complete package, rather than an update?

I only ask because I lost my previous installation of FSX in which I had the previous version, if you released a complete new version, it would save me hunting down the original file on my backup drive. :engel016:

Selfish, me? :d

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2009, 15:02
Wow, just when you think that you can't improve upon perfection and low and behold! looks great!

Wingmate
November 2nd, 2009, 15:05
have you added sound for the catapult and JBD's?

Thrawn
November 2nd, 2009, 15:11
have you added sound for the catapult and JBD's?

Nope, sorry :(

Wingmate
November 2nd, 2009, 15:14
try these from post #344 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=203074#post203074

Thrawn
November 2nd, 2009, 15:21
try these from post #344 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=203074#post203074

Thanks! IŽll include it, I just thought it would be harder to add it :)

Wingmate
November 2nd, 2009, 15:24
No problem

olekrow
November 2nd, 2009, 16:05
Fellow sim enthusiast:

I found this thread at fs dream team on one of voodoo's post, about new nimitz carrier. I down loaded the nimitz carrier, ai carrier 2r2 and carrier tracks 1 and 2, and because I had read every post on the thread. I was able to put every thing together, no problems. Even picked up some good tips. It's great to see guys share their idea's and knowledge with others. Check Chemist Warehouse Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?chemist-warehouse/) on Catalogue AU (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?). If it weren't for guys like you guys like me with not much computer savvy could not put these things together and enjoy the sim near as much. I would like to thank all of you for all your input and unselfishness with you knowledge.

As you might guess, I do have a small problem. I have a black wake behind the boats. I don't know where it came from or how to get rid of it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks so much.

If I have posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Respectively, Bill
olekrow

wilycoyote4
November 2nd, 2009, 17:08
Thanks, :medals: :applause: grand news. The 80's will be Tomcats? A-6s, EA-6, etc? :icon29:

JamesChams
November 2nd, 2009, 17:22
Mr. Javier "Thrawn"

:applause: I'm speechless... :applause:
You've made me and many others very happy!:jump:

Muchas Gracias, Amigo! :wavey:

BOOM
November 2nd, 2009, 17:24
That steam effect is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!:medals:
Thank You Javier

RobH
November 2nd, 2009, 18:01
That steam effect is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!:medals:

I totally agree!! Really looking forward to it! Thanks Javier

orionll
November 2nd, 2009, 18:41
Ooohhh, sounds great!

Would you mind if I made a multiplayer mission for it?

dswo
November 2nd, 2009, 18:42
-FucbvoFFy0

ryanbatc
November 2nd, 2009, 18:43
WOW! Incredible again. :isadizzy:

crashaz
November 2nd, 2009, 20:28
Wow... green with envy at your talent sir!! Simply stunning work!!!:jump:

Tylerb59
November 2nd, 2009, 22:37
I love it. :)

I've been having so much fun with the previous version, what an incredible piece!

Dumb question: Is there any NAV radio or GPS points for these to help find them on their AI tracks?

jimjones
November 3rd, 2009, 02:36
Awesome!!!! Looking forward to the release. Super additions.

txnetcop
November 3rd, 2009, 02:52
Let the fun begin. Tremendous work and it is truly appreciated:ernae:
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

spatialpro
November 3rd, 2009, 03:15
Absolutely awesome! Can't wait! Well done!

Two questions regarding the oiler:

1) Will the oiler also work independantly as an AI ship? You can never have too many AI Navy ships and it would be great to have her sailing around on her own, as well as with the carriers.

2) Does the oiler also have a [landable] helipad, so we can do VERTREP?

sparouty
November 3rd, 2009, 03:32
With this release, I consider this project finished and I'll move on to the next one, a 1980's version of Nimitz and Carl Vinson.

I didn't realise that you were talking about having VF-111's F14 on the flight deck!!! (I should have guessed... with an avatar like yours!!)

Thank you Javier, it will be really great!! :wiggle:

Regards,
Sylvain

peter12213
November 3rd, 2009, 05:06
Amazing can't wait for this!

Thrawn
November 3rd, 2009, 10:12
Hey!

Thanks for your comments. Well, IŽll try to answer all questions:

OrionII: IŽll be glad to see it included in as many missions as possible. Please feel free to use my models.

Tylerb59: Unfertunately as far as I know it is not possible to attach navaids to AI objects in FSX (maybe in custom missions)

Willycoyote: Sure! IŽll include Tomcats, Prowlers, Intruders, Corsairs and Seakings.

Airtrooper: The oiler works independently, as an AI unit that can sail on her own and yes it has a landable helipad for VERTREP.

Sylvain: Good catch!! VF-111 is my favorite Navy fighter squadron (too sad the squadron was disestablished in 1995). The other reason for choosing the Carl Vinson is that for many years it was "San Francisco's Own" and I love SF and the Bay area!

Javier

navychief8
November 5th, 2009, 23:17
Javier

Great job. I am Haze gray and underway on the Ike right now. Looking forward to the update when I get back home. If you need any more updates let me know. I can walk out the hatch and take a look.:USA-flag:

Nesu
November 6th, 2009, 09:53
nice work Baby !!!

Navy Chief
November 6th, 2009, 19:02
SLUFs on deck.............oh yeah!!!!

NC

Shark
November 6th, 2009, 23:19
Fantastico!!!
:medals: :ernae:

ESzczesniak