PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth MD Explorer spotted

gajit
November 2nd, 2009, 10:00
I hate to be negative but I hope that they test this one a bit more than the Huey - its a great choice.

http://nemethdesigns.com/md900.html

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2009, 10:19
Well seeing as we have previews, chances are it's a Nemeth original, so that would mean more testing I assume. Looking good, although I was hoping the next one would be the AS350 or the bell 407, but I'll take this also. :ernae:

gajit
November 2nd, 2009, 10:29
Yes MC - agreed - that is more encouraging if it is their own.

Dain Arns
November 2nd, 2009, 10:58
Well seeing as we have previews, chances are it's a Nemeth original, so that would mean more testing I assume. Looking good, although I was hoping the next one would be the AS350 or the bell 407, but I'll take this also. :ernae:

I don't know if you saw the update yesterday. The 407 over at HC is starting to look mighty fine! :d

http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=17183

--------------

MD900! YEE-HAW! I'll GLADLY BUY THAT! :jump: :wiggle: :icon_lol:
Great news to hear. An MH-90 "Enforcer" variant would be nice as well...

empeck
November 2nd, 2009, 11:38
Sigh... Still no chances for their Mi-24 for FSX :(

spatialpro
November 2nd, 2009, 13:19
Very, very pleased to see such a fantastic Explorer in FSX. I sincerely hope they model both Police and air ambulance versions (I'm thinking of Yorkshire's "Helicopter Heroes" here!).

However, I also think a Nemeth FSX native AS350 is Loooooooong overdue and would doubtless be amazing. Preferably it'd have both single and double-sided instrument panels (if you see what I mean?). I sincerely hope an AS350 is next in line...

krazycolin
November 2nd, 2009, 13:50
Yes MC - agreed - that is more encouraging if it is their own.

Why would that be?

I am not sure why some people insist on "bashing" our stuff but really...
Every dev's stuff has issues when it's first released. Everyone's. It's not just ours. Bash me personally, I don't mind, (too much). It's a given that I'm not exactly the most socially normal person around. Fine. But, our products look great and, once the kinks are ironed out, fly great too.

We're still trying to get the most of out FSX. We are pushing the limits. We will encounter problems. That is not our exclusive domain. All we can do is fix the problems we do encounter, and I have to say, that out of the over 600 people who bought the Huey so far, only about 20 had any complaints. That's a pretty good margin. Plus our customer support was and is, second to none. We fixed every single thing (except for the darned wipers) in both patches. Part of our deal is that even though the model is the "product" of another "dev" we also take responsibility in the effort to make the product look right, feel right and fly right. That's not something that everyone else does. Certainly not in a public forum.

And while this may sound defensive, all we supply to the Nemeth's is the model(s). Just like the Vulcan, the F-111 and the F-20 pit for Iris, 17 models for Alphasim, the F-102 and some stuff for their upcoming SLUF for Razbam, the Lear 20 (no comments on the pit please) and the Bell X-1A for Xtreme Prototypes and some planes for A2A, (lets NOT get into THAT or I will end up banned for life). Sheesh... That's a lot of planes.

We DON'T do the coding. EVER. All we do are the models cause that's what we do best. But do note that even though we don't code, we have taken the view that we are responsible for that as well and we push hard to fix as many, if not all, of any bugs or issues.

We intend to do a Mi-24 Hind once the Skycrane, Super Cobra and Apache are done. By that time, we should have the process for choppers nailed.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Mods, do as you will but... People, I really do think that Milviz Inc. deserves a bit of a break from this kind of thing...

kc

IanP
November 2nd, 2009, 14:04
Oh Colin, seriously, get over it.

People don't "bash your stuff". You make excellent models. People dislike your attitude, which stinks.

The mods can ban me if they like, as well, but MilViz's big problem is exactly what you're doing here. Posting your complaints on a thread which is nothing at all to do with you and getting your knickers in a twist about a problem of your own making. Seriously. It's way beyond too far now and a lot of us are sick of it.

kilo delta
November 2nd, 2009, 14:11
We intend to do a Mi-24 Hind

:medals::guinness:

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2009, 14:14
KC, maybe I could have worded my post differently, sorry about that. What I meant was that I have most of the nemeth models and each one has distinct characteristics that I, and others come to associate with a nemeth model. Another part of it is promotion and the huey was the first design that wasn't posted in early previews which is why I mentioned the new one following the usual promotion method from them, thus probably being an original design.

Like it or not, bottom line is the huey is more resource intensive than the usual nemeth offering, thus when you factor in that the model came from MilViz, people are going to draw conclusions, be it true or false. One thing for sure, you guys have stood behind your model and have done quite a job of trying to make everyone happy, no doubt about it.

If you guys are truly learning from your experiences with FSX and working towards more efficient designs, then that is wonderful and makes many of us thrilled for future releases from you guys. Your models are works of art and I for one look forward to the harrier and hope for good performance with it.

EDIT, well so much for a nice discussion on a new design CLOSED!