PDA

View Full Version : Livingston Taylor....

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2009, 05:25
My girlfriend and I drove to Decatur, GA to hear Livingston Taylor perform last night. I have seen him perform before; way back in the late 70s. He is a great performer, and very personable!

NC

XEEaYfb2iTE&feature=youtube_gdata

n40fh68x3QY&feature=youtube_gdata

OBIO
November 2nd, 2009, 16:41
Amazing voice, amazing clarity, amazing! Must be something in those Taylor genes....Livingston and James are the two smoothest, musically precise singers of all time.

OBIO

Wittpilot
November 3rd, 2009, 15:52
I have seen him twice here in the summer when we have free concerts in the park here... I think he is pretty amazing... and I love that when he talks, he has this very soft tone that just makes everything seem alright... and as he talks, did you notice he is always constantly strumming a tune? Did he play "Railroad Bill" that's my favorite... but it is not on any cd that he has out.. only performs it live... I think it is on youtube somewhere, one video.... Anyway... Brilliant musician, and I would suggest anyone that likes James or any folk music give him a listen...

-witt

Navy Chief
November 3rd, 2009, 15:58
Did he play "Railroad Bill" ...
-witt

Yes, he played it. Funny song!! Livingston is quite talented, and there are several interviews with him on Youtube.

NC

Cazzie
November 3rd, 2009, 17:03
You guys won't believe this, but i played football and baseball against Livingston Taylor when I was at Bartlett Yancey High School. Livingston has lost quite a bit of weight since those days. He was heftier than James, whole family could sing, don't suppose any of y'all remember their sister, Kate Taylor, who still tours. Their mother was a lyric soprano. They lived in Chapel Hill, NC when I knew them, their father was dean of the UNC Medical School. Livingston and Kate were very open personable people, James was stand offish.

Caz

Navy Chief
November 3rd, 2009, 17:16
Great story, Cazzie! I know of Kate, but have never heard her sing. Livingston is, as you say, quite personable. He is quite good friends with Jame's ex, Carly Simon......

NC

Chacha
November 3rd, 2009, 19:07
My girlfriend and I drove to Decatur, GA to hear Livingston Taylor perform last night. I have seen him perform before; way back in the late 70s. He is a great performer, and very personable!

NC

First, congratulations on finding you a girlfriend....

.. and yes, LT is an awesome performer .... :applause: