PDA

View Full Version : One more airport

falcon409
November 1st, 2009, 21:29
This may or may not look familiar, but I thought it was a good suggestion.

falcon409
November 1st, 2009, 23:02
One more shot:

jschall
November 2nd, 2009, 03:39
Ew, that's KEWL!

Thanks, Ed!

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec

spotlope
November 2nd, 2009, 06:09
Does it use the same coordinates at the FS8/9 version? One request I got from Emmaites for the FSX version I'm building is that it be compatible with the previous versions in multiplayer. Of course, that also depends on whether you're using the same mesh elevations as the original. I'm finding that with newer, better elevation sources, the field tends to sit higher than it used to. Just curious.

falcon409
November 2nd, 2009, 07:11
Does it use the same coordinates at the FS8/9 version? One request I got from Emmaites for the FSX version I'm building is that it be compatible with the previous versions in multiplayer. Of course, that also depends on whether you're using the same mesh elevations as the original. I'm finding that with newer, better elevation sources, the field tends to sit higher than it used to. Just curious.
Bill,
To be very honest, this is just an interim "shot in the dark" version. I used the coordinates that GaryB had posted in the Emma Forum some time back. I also temporarily used the flatten that was posted there as well, but once I had the rwy located, I redid the flatten. . .basically reducing it in size because it seemed to be larger than I needed for what I was doing. The photoimage is a combination of two locations within the area that Emma resides.

Bottom line is that I would be very surprised indeed if this version was dead on or even close to being the same coordinates as the FS9 version. I just wanted to construct something to fly into for the time being until the "Real EmmaX" is completed.

falcon409
November 2nd, 2009, 07:13
Some additional images:

jschall
November 2nd, 2009, 09:12
I hope you upload that when you are happy with it, Ed!

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec

falcon409
November 2nd, 2009, 11:22
I hope you upload that when you are happy with it, Ed!
- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
There are still some small things to do to it, not much though and then I'll post it for download here. It should be noted by anyone who eventually downloads this, that:
1) it was not done to exactly mirror the current Emma Field FS9 version
2) it probably doesn't even sit exactly where the FS9 version is located
3) It might not work with all systems or even most systems depending on how your's might be "pimped out"
4) I did this to have something in the general area of the current and future Emma Field, just to have a place to fly to. . .no other reason, so perfectionists might want to bypass this, lol. . .it could irritate the pee out of you, lol.