PDA

View Full Version : Repost - Tucson FSX Photoscenery

kjb
September 28th, 2008, 18:37
I just thought I'd put this up for anyone who might want have missed it before the crash.

The freeware scenery covers 5500 square miles around Tucson. It's based on the USGS 2005 Pima County aerial photos. Five airports (Tucson Intl, Davis-Monthan, Ryan, La Cholla and El Tiro have 1m/pixel resolution over the 2m/pixel base scenery.

This is a work in progress. Then initial release is 1.2gb and includes day textures for the entire area. Some of the night textures are finished, along with a few of the airports and lots of autogen. The second release adds more night textures and autogen, plus a correction at La Cholla Airpark. I'm hoping to complete Tucson Intl for the next release.

The scenery is available a www.kb-sim.com (http://www.kb-sim.com) along with some of my other FSX photosceneries under the download section.

Marlin
September 29th, 2008, 19:03
I have seen a bunch of screenshots, and it looks great!! :ernae:

But holy cow, that is HUGE file. So I presume that is a 1.2G file all zipped up, how much space does it take up unzipped?

kjb
September 30th, 2008, 05:27
The uncompressed size is about the same. Apparently compression doesn't do much except put it all in one file.

jimjones
September 30th, 2008, 09:38
It seems photoscenery has little interest here at SOH. Probably due to their size and time to download. With the low cost of external USB drives the size problem can be managed.

Planes and repaints get lots of attention here, so this is a place to come to see what has been recently released.

Having done lots of photoscenery to the 1m/pixel level I know it is a great deal of effort. Though downloads are limited you are providing a nice service for those that enjoy photoscenery.