PDA

View Full Version : Su p38

Thoe6969
November 1st, 2009, 14:42
Anyone else waiting for SU's P38 update? seems like we've waited a long time.I realize Stitz was moving,but I hope we don't have to wait a whole lot longer.

deimos256
November 1st, 2009, 15:32
last i heard was that it was making progress and i guess they went a re-tweaked stuff, I have both this and the FSD version so I'm managing to pass the time.

UnknownGuest12
November 1st, 2009, 16:53
No comments...
Read a post by cerberus about a storm and loss of power...
Quite envy now when I look at FSD and see the kind of support THEIR Customers have. And all those beautifull paints.Think I´m going to forget SU (will never buy an unfinished product again) and buy FSD

deimos256
November 1st, 2009, 17:31
mods stop me at any time if I get out of line here, but FSD's offering really exposes how unfinished SU's p-38 is, having said that theres some things I like about the SU over the FSD, first off, their gun effects are better, second, i like the writing they have on the panel. Theres a SU p-38 release thread around here somewhere showing how they improved the paints and they certainly do look promising, im keeping both companies offerings installed

Wombat_VC
November 1st, 2009, 22:36
mods stop me at any time if I get out of line here, but FSD's offering really exposes how unfinished SU's p-38 is, having said that theres some things I like about the SU over the FSD, first off, their gun effects are better, second, i like the writing they have on the panel. Theres a SU p-38 release thread around here somewhere showing how they improved the paints and they certainly do look promising, im keeping both companies offerings installed

Judging from the screen shots alone, I do notice that the FSD P38 seems superior, but I am quite apprehensive about the problems it creates on my already installed YF23. In addition, I do not like the licensing checks that FSD implements. The Flight 1 wrappers are about as much as I am willing to compromise my convenience against the security for developers. To be frank, I would have bought more from FSD if not for the licensing method they use.

SpaceWeevil
November 1st, 2009, 22:58
No comments...
Read a post by cerberus about a storm and loss of power...
Quite envy now when I look at FSD and see the kind of support THEIR Customers have. And all those beautifull paints.Think I´m going to forget SU (will never buy an unfinished product again) and buy FSD

I bought the SU partly because it was cheap and quite a lot because I've dealt with them before and trust them, but what finally clinched the deal for SU was some rather brattish posting from the other camp in the runup to release - I was never going to buy it after that. I'm pleased that the FSD P38 has turned out so well, and it's always nice to read about good customer support, but My P-38 yearnings will be more than satisfied by Jesse's patch once the storm has passed - and there's no lack of things to fly while I wait.

Henry
November 2nd, 2009, 00:56
thanks gentlemen for keeping this civil
i do know Jesse did have a bad storm as he lives
not far from myself and although i am not there at the moment
it seems that a tornado whipped through my town also.
I will make 1 comment as i have tried both versions
they both have there merrits and pitfalls
both were released too early
the fsd version i believe is complete now
i only tried the demo
the su version it would be good if we had a little patience
and let them get it right before releasing it
just my opinion
H

stansdds
November 2nd, 2009, 02:02
I think it was a race between SU and FSD. Unfortunately, the winner wasn't quite finished and it looks like the runner up has some issues as well. I bought the SU offering and was disappointed, I think I'll just stick with freeware FSX aircraft for now.

Thoe6969
November 2nd, 2009, 03:48
i only tried the demo
just my opinion
H Sorry to hear you had a storm go through,hope everything at your house is ok.

Wombat_VC
November 2nd, 2009, 04:22
i only tried the demo
just my opinion
H

Thanks for your comment, Henry. Hopefully the casualties are low.

Henry
November 2nd, 2009, 06:36
Sorry to hear you had a storm go through,hope everything at your house is ok.
i believe so but im in London at the moment
i guess i will find out next week
thanks for asking:ernae:
H

Cerberus
November 2nd, 2009, 07:40
I have every intention to get the patch out this weekend. Since I know the delay has been annoying I have left the reduced price active all month. We want to get it to everyone as soon as possible.

I’ve been very proud of Stiz. All of the FSX work and enhancements have all been done by him. There was time when we had much larger teams and things would have been a little speedier, but as the economy has declined in the past 2 years we have adjusted. I would rather use smaller teams, make adjustments to how we run things, and keep doing something I enjoy rather than let it cease.

Henry I hope everything is ok on your Home Front. We did not have any damage. The lake I live beside rose so fast it almost took the canoe I had pulled up 30ft from the bank lol. I live about 25 minutes from a town of only 8,000, so when a deer farts our power goes out, so those storms made it impossible to work not only when the power was out but also since my Wild Blue Satellite Internet doesn't work in moderate rain.

IanP
November 2nd, 2009, 08:20
i believe so but im in London at the moment

Wonder if I can find an excuse to get down to Chalk Farm site office for a "meeting" before you go back? :icon_lol:

(Unfortunately, given our new rules on business travel, I strongly suspect not. :( )

I to am waiting for the update to the SU package - I would not consider the competition also, for reasons already stated. However I'll get the update when it arrives. I may not be perfectly happy with it as is, but it can be flown when I feel the need and I appreciate the problems that Jesse has reported.

Hope everything is OK back home, Henry and glad to hear you just lost power for a while, Jesse (I got used to that when I lived in the far-from-wilds of Shropshire. Wind blew, power went off. I bought a decent UPS!)

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 2nd, 2009, 08:35
Judging from the screen shots alone, I do notice that the FSD P38 seems superior, but I am quite apprehensive about the problems it creates on my already installed YF23. In addition, I do not like the licensing checks that FSD implements. The Flight 1 wrappers are about as much as I am willing to compromise my convenience against the security for developers. To be frank, I would have bought more from FSD if not for the licensing method they use.

One of the changes made was to drop the licensing checks and make the installer much like all the other delivery systems on the market.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There are so many platforms currently in use that making sure that the products were compatible with them all and getting over the distinct possibility that the models were going to show up on the torrents was the only reasonable course of action.<o:p></o:p>
FSD will imagine that the honest clients will support their current releases in sufficient numbers to allow future releases , if that turns out to be a misguided dream then i guess there will be one less production house. <o:p></o:p>

Thoe6969
November 2nd, 2009, 12:18
I have every intention to get the patch out this weekend. Since I know the delay has been annoying I have left the reduced price active all month. We want to get it to everyone as soon as possible.

I’ve been very proud of Stiz. All of the FSX work and enhancements have all been done by him. There was time when we had much larger teams and things would have been a little speedier, but as the economy has declined in the past 2 years we have adjusted. I would rather use smaller teams, make adjustments to how we run things, and keep doing something I enjoy rather than let it cease.

Henry I hope everything is ok on your Home Front. We did not have any damage. The lake I live beside rose so fast it almost took the canoe I had pulled up 30ft from the bank lol. I live about 25 minutes from a town of only 8,000, so when a deer farts our power goes out, so those storms made it impossible to work not only when the power was out but also since my Wild Blue Satellite Internet doesn't work in moderate rain.Thanks for the update,will be looking forward to it.

deimos256
November 2nd, 2009, 14:16

Henry I hope everything is ok on your Home Front. We did not have any damage. The lake I live beside rose so fast it almost took the canoe I had pulled up 30ft from the bank lol. I live about 25 minutes from a town of only 8,000, so when a deer farts our power goes out, so those storms made it impossible to work not only when the power was out but also since my Wild Blue Satellite Internet doesn't work in moderate rain.

this is great news i look forward to the patch

boxcar
November 7th, 2009, 10:04

No problem here, Ceberus. No, she does not look quite as good as FSD's do but her FSX performance is better, imo... especially her flight dynamics on landing. Purchase & install went flawless yesterday, no problems whatsoever.

There never was a time when there was no time. 'Preciate your taking the extra time instead of rushing out attempted solutions & corrections. So many beautiful models in your package, the F-5E is incredible & my favorite. Thank you, guys. As a fan of the P-38 nearly all my life, am very satified while screaming along at treetop level in the fork-tailed devil...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/Recon2.jpg
Will be checking for more of your wares soon, as there is more room in my hanger for more good, hassel-free software. No one is perfect, especially me, so perfect planes are not something personally searched for. Yours are working fine, imo, no snags. Will grab the update when it comes down the pike, be it this weekend, next weekend, next month... should be here. :)

Cerberus
November 7th, 2009, 16:25
Thanks for the nice comments.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Stiz is busy moving into his new pad. I am not sure if he has Internet set up, but I have not seen any errors yet I cannot handle from my end. However It may be Monday before the patch is out, just depends on how much time I can squeeze in on Sunday.

I believe Stiz has greatly improved the textures. The spinners no longer have blurry edges as the painted ones now have nice and crisp bands. The new bump map looks great. The anti-glare paint lines have been refined. There is now exhaust weathering on the booms as well as many other texture fixes.<o:p></o:p>
New things to the models have been added like the Dive Brake control to the F5e and P-38L, as well as other fixes and enhancements.<o:p></o:p>
I’ve been plugging the way correctling some fight dynamic issues that creeped into the aircraft.cfg. I have also made some upgrades to the Panel.cfg and added some small things to it like a Nav/Gps switch in the radio popup window.<o:p></o:p>
The Paint Kit has been improved and now has a higher resolution. <o:p></o:p>
I’m sure I am missing a few things, but just thought I would post a new update.<o:p></o:p>

Nick C
November 8th, 2009, 04:49
Thanks for the HU Jesse.

stiz
November 8th, 2009, 09:57
I realize Stiz was moving

Yes i was, i'm just about setteled in however i dont have a phone line yet, i do have internet access once a week (sundays) when i vist me parents however no way of uploading anything (monthly usage limit) but Jesse does have all the source files etc so nothing has been lost.

Also as Jesse has said before, getting this plane into FSX was pretty much a one man band operation. I've suffered several hard drive crashes during the nearly 2 years of developement, been pulled from it to do several other planes. Sure things slipped through the net of beta testing which shouldnt have, but at the end of the day i'm proud of it. I did far more than jesse said i had to do (it was ment to be just a straight conversion like the gotha was) but i like the p38 so much i felt it need an upgrade, all for the original agreed price, jesse was kind enough to pay me a bit more which was nice of him as well. :applause:

I think it was a race between SU and FSD

It was never a race. I started work on the SU p38 nearly 2 years ago. Its just unfortunate that both planes where ready so close to each other.

As its been said before, people have their favorite. I've got mine and i'm sure the FSD and Milvis guys have theirs :engel016:

Cerberus
November 8th, 2009, 18:58
Everything is looking good for an update release tomorrow. I found two paint schemes that needed a little work in some not so obvious places, other than that I think we are good to go. I should have the schemes corrected tomorrow morning.

stovall
November 8th, 2009, 20:53
Looking forward to the update Jesse. Thanks for a great aircraft.

Wombat_VC
November 8th, 2009, 21:10
No problem here, Ceberus. No, she does not look quite as good as FSD's do but her FSX performance is better, imo... especially her flight dynamics on landing. Purchase & install went flawless yesterday, no problems whatsoever.

These 2 points may tilt me to the SU camp. I have their Ho229 earlier and was happy with it.

Lewis-A2A
November 8th, 2009, 23:51
Very much looking forward to it :ernae:

italoc
November 9th, 2009, 07:00
Very much looking forward to it :ernae:

Me too !! (even if I'm quite happy :applause:as she is ...... since I'm not a "rivets counter' http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif)

Italo