PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Robotech?

Lionheart
November 1st, 2009, 13:13
Anyone remember Robotech the animation series back in the 1980's?

For those that dont or werent born yet, it was a huge success animation series (back then) and was based on the Earth, a huge alien craft crashes on the Earth and we disect it and find that beings that were several times our size 'exist' so we create these planes or jets or what ever they are that can combat such an enemy.

Great show.

In Japan, it was on during their prime time and they had some huge toys over there that we Americans didnt get to see, one being a giant plastic toy of the crashed ship, which had a name that I cant remember. (That name was the name of the series in Japan, not Robotech).

Anyways.... I am walking through Walmart today and there in the movie section is the just released DVD of the new (new.... ) movie of Robotech! ... with Rick Hunter, and Minmay.

Cant wait to see it.

$14.95.

I had heard they were coming out with this, but never heard anything more. arrghh...

Bill

lifejogger
November 1st, 2009, 13:21
Vaguely, I think my son watched it.

cheezyflier
November 1st, 2009, 13:43
by 1980 i was....beyond the reach of television

http://toonstar.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/ro3.jpg

Chacha
November 1st, 2009, 14:18
Lionheart,

Is that the Zentradi warships?

Lionheart
November 1st, 2009, 16:03
Lionheart,

Is that the Zentradi warships?

My goodness ChaCha, you saw it!

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Ive forgotten most of it, unfortunately. But that sounds right. The grim foe was the ones that almost wiped out all of life in version 3. There were 3 total chapters where it seemed to jump forward about 100 years. I think the Zentradi were either foe number 1 or number 2.

Bill

Chacha
November 1st, 2009, 16:05
Lionheart,

You knew I spend half of my childhood in Japan....:bump::bump:

FengZ
November 1st, 2009, 16:57
i didnt watch it as a kid, but when i got to college, my roommates had the entire series....so we stayed up every night watching it....sooooo good!

i was in love w/ the green hair chick...forgot her name...

-feng

Chacha
November 1st, 2009, 17:06

-feng

Miriya is the green haired chick.... got married to a blue haired dude forgot his name....

I wasn't in Japan in 80's but my friend still send me stuff from Japan... the cool stuff in stuff in Japan

Lionheart
November 1st, 2009, 18:36
Miriya
I wasn't in Japan in 80's but my friend still send me stuff from Japan... the cool stuff in stuff in Japan

Man... Gmax is taking over my brain.. (no it isnt!) I had forgotten..

-feng

Was she the one on the motorcycle?

Great series. I was building my 3-Wheel car during that and would stop work and run in and watch it when it was on, lol..

Bill

Piglet
November 1st, 2009, 20:29
Ahhh good old Macross (orig Japanese title) Had a bunch of models from that. Still got my Destriod Defender some where.

giant plastic toy of the crashed ship
Super Dimensional Fortress, SDF-1 was the rebuilt big ship.
LH
Go find Votom Armored Troopers....