PDA

View Full Version : I really need to stay out of the download libraries

OBIO
November 1st, 2009, 10:35
Went looking around in the various download librariers...looking for what I have no idea..just looking. And came across Fred Choate's Piper PA-23 Aztec Version 3 and Version 4 packages. Version 4 represents the E model and the Nomad amphibian versions of the Aztec. Installed, fired up. Plane is alright...but needs a lot more detail in the skin work. So, Photoshop gets fired up, I began slinging lines and paint and have a new repaint template nearly done...but then I go looking at photos of real Aztecs and see where I need to make changes...so back to Photoshop I will go for additional work on the paint template. THe plane needed a dedicated sound pack...so into my collection of sound packs I dive. Taking the stock C182 sound pack, which has been augmented with Aaron Swindle's free C182 enhancement files, I create a sound pack for the wheeled Aztec and another for the Nomad amphib.

Then I fire up ACM and begin adjusting lights, payload configurations, effects.

Then I fire up MDLmaterial and give the glass a very high degree of specular shine. Then I fire up MDLC 117 and give the planes reflective texturing.

All of this when I already have a pile a mile high of projects that I really need to finish off and upload. Man, I really need meds!

OBIO

PeteHam
November 1st, 2009, 11:09
Well done OBIO ..... :applause:

I'd like to see an updated Aztec , so I'm keen to try your mods and fixes.

There should be a new section at SOH for us Addicts :icon_lol:

Pete.

dogknot
November 1st, 2009, 12:12
Holy mackerel!! Take a pill. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You're starting to make me feel nervous clear over here in Oregon. :icon_lol:

(ya know I'm just kidding with you)

smilo
November 1st, 2009, 12:24
as long as you're having fun.
that's what really matters.
it's a game and a hobby.