PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Working FLOLS for sceneries

sparouty
November 1st, 2009, 05:26
Hi everybody,
I took a little break this week from my aircraft work in order to go back to one of my previous love : FLOLS trailer.
I felt frustrated by the fact that it was not possible to have working FLOLS included into addon scenery folders...

So I made a new FLOLS trailer which uses, this time, only basic scenery features, and so, it can work without Acceleration and can be compiled into a bgl file.
It took me times to optimize its sharpness/definition and gave me the opportunity to "spam" J.Dhaenens for having his expert point of view on my beta models...:bump:(sorry Jim and thank you...:kilroy:)

I joined a screen shot of the current beta model inserted, with ADE, in LFRJ Landivivsiau, a French navy base, to show you what it looks like (NB French FLOLS trailer are yellow and not grey).

Last, if the FLOLS is now working, the arresting wires are still not working when they are compiled into a .bgl file, so no trapping with this model...

I don't know yet exactly when and how it will be available, but I hope it will be soon,
Regards,
Sylvain

txnetcop
November 1st, 2009, 07:21
Fantastic! Thank you for doing this. Something that I think was really needed and enhances Flight Simulator
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

harleyman
November 1st, 2009, 08:46
Very nice indeed...

I know that many members will await this beauty....

Many thanks...:icon29:

jdhaenens
November 1st, 2009, 11:31
Here the trailer is in USN equipment gray. The second picture is at 3/4 mile, 242 Ft (call the ball). You'd actually be about 64 ft higher than that at sea with the deck height...

Looks great!

gera
November 1st, 2009, 12:07
Great model, I started working on a "Light Trailer" found in an old British Magazine sometime ago, it was used to tow to the runway on Foggy nights, the picture is of around 1938.....Hope to see your final model soon....