PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you need to work on something else to clear the head.

crashaz
October 31st, 2009, 22:30
So I took some time away from the P-61 cockpit... my eyes were hurting. Still wanted to work in FSX though... so I started back on my first love... groundpounding.

Mission.... take Oahu back to 1941.

Got my landclass in.. depopulate the island. Honolulu now much smaller... back to 1941 size.

Also did some airfield tweaking... simplified Kaneohe, Wheeler, cleaned out Honolulu Int'l and Hickam, removed Barbers Point and Dillingham (sorry Bill! :kilroy:)

Still have to tweak the mesh around the island... especially around Honolulu Int'l.

Also need to remove the highways and utilities lines and redo them to match the 1941 road network. ( Yep I have those maps.:icon_lol:)

Redo the airfield areas... and remove a ton of golf course polys.

After the land canvas...back to building bases... Ewa, Haleiwa and Hickam needs a complete add, Wheeler, Kaneohe, Ford and Bellows need some tweaking.

Will have more progress to show in the future.

falcon409
October 31st, 2009, 23:20
Wow, and I thought I was going out on a limb to do Tangier Island, lol. . . .way to go crashaz. . .very impressive undertaking.

harleyman
November 1st, 2009, 00:06
Most excellent news...........:applause::applause:

txnetcop
November 1st, 2009, 01:51
Ya know Crash maybe one step at a time a GW3 environment can be made for FSX. That is fantastic...uh but I hope your eyes feel good enough soon to finish that P-61:ernae:
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

hey_moe
November 1st, 2009, 02:04
Can't wait till you release it...looks nice :ernae: ...Mike

cheezyflier
November 1st, 2009, 04:10
very cool :applause:

peter12213
November 1st, 2009, 04:44
This will be great!

Mr.Mugel
November 1st, 2009, 04:56
Both projects sound great! Looking forward to it!

Dain Arns
November 1st, 2009, 05:23
Crashaz, I think you know about these web sites I'm linking here, already. But Paul Freeman added a few more small Army airstrips to Oahu recently:

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/HI/Airfields_HI.htm

Plus the Hawaii Aviation Preservation Society has a page too:

http://hiavps.com/Airfields%20of%20Hawaii.htm

foreigndevil
November 1st, 2009, 05:41
Will be great!:jump:

crashaz
November 1st, 2009, 07:13
Wow, and I thought I was going out on a limb to do Tangier Island, lol. . . .way to go crashaz. . .very impressive undertaking.

Luckily we have over 300 + buildings not including ships made in GMAX for PHP2. Right now they are in CFS2 format... I have been fighting to not convert one of them over to FSX to see how awesome they will look.

All of them are multi-res models added to library BGLs... most of them with damage models... especially the hangers.

Going to have to revisit all the textures of course and take advantage of FSX by adding more details to the LOD 100 hanger models.

Then there are the ships to convert.... right now sitting @ 42 ships.

Right now the ground is the easy part! :isadizzy: