PDA

View Full Version : Txnetcop ????

Major_Spittle
October 31st, 2009, 20:26
Have you guys tested any of the i9 gulftown CPUs yet? They are the 6 core ones, I think they are going by the name bloomfield now. If so can you give an impression of them yet?

txnetcop
November 1st, 2009, 01:43
Sergio is one of our ex-Intel engineers and has the honors of testing the Gulftown i9Core processors. This 6 Core processor comes standard is at this time a 1366 socket but will be set apart by the designation of Westmere as opposed to current Nehalem processors. With the thread count at 12 you can imagine the power this rascal will have. It is a 32nm chip. Here is something amazing about the processor how about 6X256KB at 12MB L3 cache. The one Sergio is testing is a 2.4Ghz 133mhz bus speed 18X multiplier. I can't tell you anymore.

Some mods are still being made so I have no definite date we just sent one back to Intel in exchange for the latest modificaiton.

Supposedly Westmere will replace Nehalem and if all goes well we should start seeing the first i9s in Feb or March, but a rumor has surfaced it may be 2nd quarter 2010. Sergio has been using it on a Gigabyte X58 motherboard so I guess that means it will retain X58 compatibility. As for what it will do for FSX, no idea. He has not tested it on games yet-maybe this week. Supposedly when Microsoft set FSX up for multi-core it can address many more cores.

The big disappointment for me is that it did not include the new IGP onboard graphics. But Intel did ship a new stock cooler with it that was fantastic called Intel Extreme Edition. It has 4 large pipes and a unique design for cooling. It won't be long now Major Spittle.
Ted

Major_Spittle
November 1st, 2009, 07:55
Yeah, I am making Westmere and Gulftowns now and the Gulftown is the 6 core. The ones that will have the integrated graphics on the CPU are a different breed. Is the Extreme Edition cooler a hybrid water block by any chance? I know their was some stir about that years ago but never hear anything else about it until you just said that. My next build will most likely be a bloomfield so that is why I was curious to see what it will do. I really hope larrabee gets released next year, I just downloaded the ArmA 2 demo and it kicked my system's butt and I just upgraded to a 4890 a few months back.

Well as you are able to release info let me know what you find out so I can be ready when I get mine. thx

harleyman
November 22nd, 2009, 11:10
Wants one too!!! :mixedsmi: