PDA

View Full Version : Hide Default Aircaft

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 15:16
Is there a way to have the default aircrft not show up in the Select Aircraft menu? In FS9 one could have this option in the air file? Is that still the case and if so how and what do you change?

Thanks

David :kilroy:

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 16:04
Delete them to a back up file and hey presto there gone, but if you want to keep them as AI then I'm not so sure, maybe removing the panel folder would work but not 100% on that mate!

dhl1986
October 31st, 2009, 16:09
As I recently found out the hard way, it is a good idea to leave the default planes alone. Some payware planes use files from the default aircraft, and having to track down missing textures to a plane you deleted is not fun.

Keep them. But if you must get rid of them, make a backup first as was previously suggested.

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 16:18
Right. I tried modifying the Aircraft Cfg files and they self healed by back to normal. Kinda scared me - guess they have a mind of their own? Don't want to mess with them I guess!:icon_lol:

David

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 16:27
Just found out you can modify them using text editor! Came in handy when for some unGodly reason my small Ga planes were making splash sounds when landing on runways. Edited the fx_tchdwn_s.fx file and :pop4: back to tires hitting good old terra firma! Nice suprise!

David

ManuelL
October 31st, 2009, 16:30
Not sure if it works the same way as in FS9. If it does, you can get an airfile editor and change the "aircraft type" to AI in the airfile (If I remember correctly you have to change the number from 1 to 2). This way you don't have to mess with the aircraft.cfg, the aircraft still appear correctly as ai and if you want to see them in the selection again, you can simply reverse the process.

dswo
October 31st, 2009, 16:37
One way to make them non-flyable but still available for (1) AI and (2) use by other models (for gauges, textures) is to edit aircraft.cfg such that each variant/paint job has the line

panel=xxx

instead of

panel=

This will only work if you don't have a folder titled xxx; in which case, use something different! Note also that you have to do this for each variant/paint job.

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 16:47
Thanks for the tips. Will let ya know but ya the XXX or what ever will work for sure. and will let ya know on the air file thing!

Thanks again!

David

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 17:14
Yes! the "XXX" in the panel.XXX is right on and can cut them down to just one if want. That's easy and neat!

thanks again dswo:applause:

David

dswo
October 31st, 2009, 19:23
My last email had to be quick, because I was leaving for a Halloween party. How is this working? One thing that all flyable aircraft must have is a panel.cfg file (usually in the aircraft's panel subfolder). Point FS to a non-existent file (by changing the subfolder name to xxx) and FS classifies the plane as AI-only.

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 19:47
HAHA me too, I went as a nazi zombie don't ask why it was a mates Idea, hope you had a good time Dave I know I did lol!
we got the idea from Deadsnow some Norwegian movie, this was my inspiration lol...
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Dead_Snow/dead_snow_movie_image__7_.jpg

I said to my mates why even dress up we look like that after several dinks anyway! LOL!!!
Sorry to hijack lol let this be the end lol!
Happy halloween!