PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub: some screenshots

mike_cyul
October 31st, 2009, 13:42
Not my shots, but as ardent beta tester Jacques A. was kind enough to send them, just thought I'd share 'em. His Hobbs meter (on the altimeter), btw, shows some 30 hours of flight time on just the Extreme version! :)

I especially like the banner. :mixedsmi:

As far as progress on the project goes, the dynamics on floats have been significantly developed, for example on the water the nose now goes up as power is applied at the beginning of take-off, then flattens once on the step, etc., and the current batch have been sent off to Tom F. for further feedback.

Other enhancements have been included as well... :)

Mike

wallyboard
October 31st, 2009, 13:46
Looking sooo good Mike.

Waiting patiently...
Larry

lawdawg
October 31st, 2009, 14:00
Looks real nice,
and trying to wait patiently.
Very challenging in that department..
Cut er loose eh?

mike_cyul
October 31st, 2009, 14:03
I should just add that Jacques has also developed a superb set of sceneries for the Super Cub, as may have been mentioned before.

These screenies don't show it to it's best effect, but here's a double practice zone near Bronson Creek (in Tongass, in this case): one up on the mountain top, and one down by the river. At each you'll find your buddies in their Super Cubs, checking out your STOL performance.

I had the autogen turned down, but the higher you have it, the more challenging it gets.:d

In the screenie taken on the mountain top landing site, the river site is on the small islands you can see below. Down by the river, the mountain top you just came from is the one you can see up above.

Mike

lawdawg
October 31st, 2009, 14:24
That is way cool.
Looks like Lonnie's vid's had some great influence.
You sure know how to dangle that carrot..lol

Francois
October 31st, 2009, 15:51
Looking good Mike..... especially with the Tongass background of course ... *grin*

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 15:59
Yeah I agree with Francois, I'm pretty much an exclusive Tongass flyer and I just love the look of those tundra tyres, really nice shots!

Lionheart
October 31st, 2009, 17:17
Brilliant screenshots of a very well done plane Mike!

:ernae:

The Fjords really make the background tie into that plane.

Bill

wilycoyote4
October 31st, 2009, 17:25
:ernae: Thanks for more news, looking very good. :medals:

mike_cyul
October 31st, 2009, 18:12
That is way cool.
Looks like Lonnie's vid's had some great influence.
You sure know how to dangle that carrot..lol

I don't think there's a better dvd out there to illustrate what a Super Cub can do. Not to mention, it's just a great video to watch, even if you're not a Super Cub fan.

If anyone's interested here's the link:

http://cubdriver749er.com/dvd.php

(Btw, the image quality of the dvd is way better than the clips you can see on that page.)

Mike

Cerberus
October 31st, 2009, 18:25
Looking Great :applause:

wilycoyote4
October 31st, 2009, 18:39
Thanks Mike, those clips are good, there are no rough landings for supercubs, just rough places to land.:ernae:

lawdawg
October 31st, 2009, 20:10
Yes, those videos (Cubdriver 749'er and the Big Rocks/Long props)
are excellent. I have Cubdriver and love it.
Looking forward to replicating that in the coming cub.
I have plans to do some long flights in her.
It looks like, from the photos, that you have captured the cockpit space/ambiance real well.

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 20:49
Thanks Mike, those clips are good, there are no rough landings for supercubs, just rough places to land.:ernae:

Here Here!

txnetcop
November 1st, 2009, 01:49
Mike I personally am soooooo glad you made the Super Cub for FSX your VCs are absolutely above and beyond! I very rarely fly outside the aircraft except for screenshots. I want immersion and your aircraft do just that. I love those Tundra tires too.
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

robmw
January 10th, 2010, 08:38
Hi, Just got the wonderful Super Cub the other day :applause: and would love to be able to try out Jacques sceneries shown in the screenshots. I'm new to these forums but I couldn't find any other info about them despite a long look around. Can anyone help or maybe the sceneries aren't available yet?

Many thanks,
Rob

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 09:03
Hey Rob,
I believe that Mike will get those out when he can.
Not yet available far as I know.

This cub is really somethin eh?

robmw
January 10th, 2010, 09:18
Thanks for the info lawdawg - Mike is one very busy guy right now :running:
Probably a good thing to wait a while longer as there are plenty of empty mountaintops in Tongass to try this out on first before I embarrass myself in company...

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 09:19
Hey Rob,
I believe that Mike will get those out when he can.
Not yet available far as I know.

This cub is really somethin eh?
Yea, Mike also alluded to the fact that they were in Tongass. Does that mean if you don't have the Addon, these sceneries won't work?

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 09:33
Well Falcon,
I would like to believe that having the Tongass scenery is not necessary, although a very nice
addon IMO..lol

@ Rob, no need to worry about embarrassment. Don Sheldon, the glacier pilot that the book
Wager with the wind was written about, cracked up a few in his time. Never killed a passenger tho.
I agree that there are many places in Tongass and wherever else to get some practice in.
In the manual, Mike talks about practicing techniques to achieve consistency before gettin too gutsy. This is what Lonnie Habersetzer teaches his students and can be seen in the video Cubdriver 749er.
:ernae:

robmw
January 10th, 2010, 09:37
That's the great thing about simming - no one gets hurt! My enthusiasm for bush flying has only been enhanced by the Cubdriver DVD which got watched a lot over Xmas. I'm off work this coming week with plenty of free time so you can see why I want to do it all now

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 09:45
Maybe.
Hopefully someone in the know will sound off.

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 09:48
Hi, Just got the wonderful Super Cub the other day :applause: and would love to be able to try out Jacques sceneries shown in the screenshots. I'm new to these forums but I couldn't find any other info about them despite a long look around. Can anyone help or maybe the sceneries aren't available yet?

Many thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I've just been too busy to put together Jacques' scenery. I have all the info and files, but will need a few days to put them together. I'll post a thread here when their available - they're a blast to use.

Mike

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 09:58
Good news.
Take yer time Mike. Now you been/are busy.
Lookin forward to it when ready.

robmw
January 11th, 2010, 05:30
Great news Mike. Whenever you can - must try to curb my impatience but I just love flying this plane so much.