PDA

View Full Version : What type of security are you using for 2010

hey_moe
October 31st, 2009, 05:08
Just wondering what type of AV and AS our members plan on using for the up coming year. I am currently using AVG Security,the payware version. I use to use Zone Alarm Pro but it wasn't compatible with Vista 64 so I changed. I noticed at there site there newest 2010 release will work with Window7/64. I am thinking of changing back to Zone Alarm.

jrocky
October 31st, 2009, 05:23
Just wondering what type of AV and AS our members plan on using for the up coming year. I am currently using AVG Security,the payware version. I use to use Zone Alarm Pro but it wasn't compatible with Vista 64 so I changed. I noticed at there site there newest 2010 release will work with Window7/64. I am thinking of changing back to Zone Alarm.

Trying a free AV by Microsoft called Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/support.aspx?mkt=en-us#mainNav

Also read that AVG Free has been updated to work with Windows 7, but have not gone to the AVG site yet.

brad kaste
October 31st, 2009, 05:53
............AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee....

OBIO
October 31st, 2009, 05:58
My secuirty plan for 2010; Install new dead bolts on the exterior doors, teach my Chichuchua to attack and hide behind my wife if anyone makes it past the dead bolts and Chihuhua.

Computer wise: AVG Free unless another free anti-virus suite becomes more recommended than AVG.

OBIO

Cazzie
October 31st, 2009, 06:02
Moe, I use AVG payware version like you and also had ZA. But I never liked ZA, not as bad as Borton or McAfee, but a nagging PITA at times downloading files and playing games while running ZA.

I got IOBIT's Advanced System Care payware version and when I used it on my brother's wrecked computer, it worked worked. I can highly recommend this prtogram for a quick and easy one-in-all fix.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Caz

Duckie
October 31st, 2009, 06:07
AVG Internet Security 9.0 (latest updated payware version). Been using this for 3 years and haven't looked back.

Graduated to the full blown payware internet version after I got hacked using only the MS free firewall and AVG free anti-virus. BTW, the AVG free wasn't the problem. They got thru the firewall and captured my browser. Cought it in time and no $$$$ lost.

Duckie

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 31st, 2009, 06:15
Norton 2010 , as is their want its been retooled with new features again but i have been using their product for years and have never had a problem or been " Infected " , to date its caught every thing it came across.

safn1949
October 31st, 2009, 06:16
Kapersky pay version plus windows firewall

Moparmike
October 31st, 2009, 06:21
On a couple Vista machines & my new Win7 rig, I've been using AVG Free and the Sphinx Control Pane (http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/)l for the default Windows Firewall.
Seems to be doing alright so far...the Sphinx panel seems to do a nice job of alerting you of traffic through the firewall but it still doesn't have as much port access configuration as what I'd like. For the main traffic control, I still rely mainly on the hardware router in my router (a LinkSys running DD-WRT).

MalWareBytes is another piece of software that has been working well here.

On my XP machines, I still use Sygate's SPF firewall. It's been bulletproof but is long defunct (they sold out to Symantec quite a while ago).

hey_moe
October 31st, 2009, 06:32
AVG Internet Security for me expires 10/21/2010 but like I said I am thinking of playing with there new high dollar one that just came out ZA Extreme Security. They are have a bit of a problem with there key logger program for W7, but they should be able to work it out. Cazzie, I use to use ZA and once ya get it set up all was good for me. Sometimes it's a pain to set up...lol...Mike

Francois
October 31st, 2009, 07:00
Norton and McAfee are all systems stuffing your PC with needless crap and closer to malware than you'd expect ;-)

I was the 'dealmaker' with them in another life and bought literally millions of copies from them....made sense then, just for the money and on running PC's doing only mail and Word.

Not so for your gaming PC's, folks.

I use Avast! for years, both the free and the Pro versions, haven't had ANY problems and know I have much cleaner systems without all sorts of silly overhead.

itgamer
October 31st, 2009, 07:34
I use Comodo security Suite, Freeware top rated also has vista and win 7 covered and native 64 bit version, which I use with my XP pro 64 bit os.

One of the industry leaders... and free.... DANG!!

http://www.comodo.com/

HundertzehnGustav
October 31st, 2009, 08:24
My own eyes and Brains...

Willy
October 31st, 2009, 10:03
AVG free as always.

Bjoern
October 31st, 2009, 13:28
Avira Antivir and my router's firewall. I don't need anything else.

David_L6
October 31st, 2009, 13:34
Same as always..... Smith & Wesson Model 19 and Remington 870 Wingmaster. :bump:

Oh! You mean computer security..... AVG right now. It's a PIA, but it's free. Looking for something else. Free or payware doesn't matter as long as it is UNobtrusive and works.

dogknot
October 31st, 2009, 13:47
Avast, version 4.8 Home Edition

kilo delta
October 31st, 2009, 14:31
I'm currently running Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2009, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes and Spybot on all of my systems along with a router firewall. Nothing has gotten past so far *touch wood*

Panther_99FS
October 31st, 2009, 16:32
Trend Micro Internet Security...

TeaSea
October 31st, 2009, 17:11
McAfee...

M1 Garand.
M1 Carbine,
1936 .38 Cal Police Special
M1911A1 .45 Cal Semi Automatic

Really annoying and slightly threatening hamster named "Frankie".

You get through these....you can have it.

stiz
November 1st, 2009, 00:19
Zone Alarm Security suite, the all in one for lazy people. Works great! :d

CG_1976
November 1st, 2009, 00:46
Eset Nod32 all the way. backup on standby Avast.

hey_moe
November 1st, 2009, 01:08
One thing I have found out is ZA has a known issue with Windows 7/64 and that is you have to disable the key logger feature due to there is a issue when using Word, Outlook or other typing, It types the wrong letters when typing.I guess in time they will come out with a fix or update...I hope...Mike

hey_moe
November 1st, 2009, 01:10
What you do...shoot da puter. :monkies:
Same as always..... Smith & Wesson Model 19 and Remington 870 Wingmaster. :bump:

Oh! You mean computer security..... AVG right now. It's a PIA, but it's free. Looking for something else. Free or payware doesn't matter as long as it is UNobtrusive and works.

Toastmaker
November 1st, 2009, 05:13
I've liked Norton ever since he was with Jackie Gleason. His stuff works for me.

:running:

Cloud9Gal
November 1st, 2009, 06:02
I use AVG on both PC and laptop http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-gen015.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Wulf190
November 1st, 2009, 08:04
Well I'm movin in to a straight hall home, so I guess a Remington 12 guage sawed off shot gun and a M1911 for back up....

Notin new there...

Moses03
November 1st, 2009, 11:14
AVG free let me down recently and I was nailed by 32 viruses. (Long story...) Needless to say AVG was given the boot!

Right now I am running Panda Antivirus, along with Malwarebytes, and the default Windows firewall.

TeaSea
November 1st, 2009, 11:40
....forgot to mention it's an incontinent hamster.

Bjoern
November 1st, 2009, 11:58
M1 Garand.
M1 Carbine,
1936 .38 Cal Police Special
M1911A1 .45 Cal Semi Automatic

Really annoying and slightly threatening hamster named "Frankie".

You get through these....you can have it.

Well, the guns aren't the problem, but the hamster could be a slight challenge.

If I was american, I'd get myself a MG3. Not entirely practical to use but once it hits, it hits.

TeaSea
November 1st, 2009, 16:13
Frankie pees everywhere....

...and throws his poo.

You may have noticed my collection of firearms is of the historical nature. Not the best for self defense...

Perhaps I could say that of McAfee as well, but I get that courtesy of my job and it seems to work okay.

I would love to have an MG3, but it's an automatic and I do not carry the requisite licenses. I spent a good bit of time carrying the M60, which, like the MG3 derive from the WW II era MG42. The M60 is significantly heavier (we call it the "pig"). They both fire the NATO standard 7.62 cartridge.

txnetcop
November 2nd, 2009, 02:40
http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/
Ted

It's little talkative but very secure
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bjoern
November 2nd, 2009, 09:21
Frankie pees everywhere....

...and throws his poo.

Err...then keep him. ;P

You may have noticed my collection of firearms is of the historical nature. Not the best for self defense...

Handling a M1 in an apartment/house might be a bit difficult because of its size, but a pistol should work reaonably well, shouldn't it?

I would love to have an MG3, but it's an automatic and I do not carry the requisite licenses. I spent a good bit of time carrying the M60, which, like the MG3 derive from the WW II era MG42. The M60 is significantly heavier (we call it the "pig"). They both fire the NATO standard 7.62 cartridge.

Unfortunate circumstances prevented me from ever firing the MG3 back in my army days, but I got to clean and carry them so often that it almost turned into a hate-based relationship.

At least I learned to appreciate modern leightweight construction this way. And the G36 also makes for a pretty sweet LMG.