PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight/Flight1 addons

dhasdell
October 31st, 2009, 01:17
I have several of the above, such as BBMF, Double Trouble, Mosquito Squadron, and they are accessed via separate icons and expect to be shut down properly after use. Some things are available anyway through the normal install, but others are not. For example the normal install can see German missions for Double Trouble, but not American, which only show up when running DT, and then as USAAF. Country.cfg files are specific, too, and (I think) system settings. Is it possible to get everything into a single, simple install?

bearcat241
October 31st, 2009, 03:36
Its because the default cfg doesn't have the USAAF option in it, only USA. But it does have a default German option, that's why the German missions show up when working in the normal install. You asked if its possible to get everything into a single, simple install. The answer is in your previous statement, "Country.cfg files are specific, too...". Modify your default cfg by creating a new option for USAAF. Copy the entire USAAF section from the DT cfg:

[country.7]
name=US Army
short_name=USA
nationality=USAAF
heading=oclock

and paste it into the default cfg. If your defo cfg is already using country number 7 for another nationality, you have to change the new USAAF option to a new unused number. If this is the case, then you will also have to go into the missions with notepad and change all USAAF allegience numbers to your new number, beginning with the header info in every DT_USAAF mission:

[mission]
version=2.0
title=%title_string%
summary=%summary_string%
objective=
intelligence=
mission_type=2
allegiance=7
total_goals=1
player_aircraft=3838
player_aircraft_name=%player_aircraft_name_string%
airfield=%airfield_string%
date=1/7/1944
time=12:00

...and then working your way through EVERY individual mission - German and American - to change all unit entries for the Mustang flights from 7 to whatever your new number may become:

[unit.16]
id=9094
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

[unit.17]
id=9095
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

[unit.18]
id=9096
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

[unit.19]
id=9097
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

[unit.20]
id=9098
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

[unit.21]
id=9099
type_id=3838
allegiance=7
skill=3
aggression=2
payload=0

....of course, if your defo cfg isn't using the number 7 already, you can just add the country number under Allies and not have to bother with all the editing.

After you master this portion, there's more details on how to merge the other stuff into your main, like the scenery, weapons, gsl and uires screens. You can even go a step further and add USAAF-specific ranking and medals for campaigning (the defo American setup is completely aligned for USN ranking and awards).

dhasdell
October 31st, 2009, 10:21
Thank you - that seems to have done the trick, and I found some USAAF screens for the Uires folder which are showing up. Does this mean I can delete BBMF and DT from the Addon folder?
:ernae:

Rami
October 31st, 2009, 10:42
Dhasdell,

You do realize that I got full permission from Just Flight / Flight One to update the Mosquito Squadron and the Mustang Vs Fw-190 / Double Trouble, and that they are on my website, don't you?

dhasdell
October 31st, 2009, 22:44
Yes thank you, Rami, and I have downloaded them, but haven't yet been organised enough to get the other downloads needed for them.
:wavey:

dhasdell
November 1st, 2009, 02:01
Another thing is that USAAF aircraft need their own entries in the callsigns.dat file, which explains why the Double Trouble Mustangs don't have them.