PDA

View Full Version : got new PC !

Cirrus N210MS
October 30th, 2009, 23:04
Hey Guys got my self a new pc! runs Great!

got my First Gateway PC!

FX6801

Intel Core I7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHZ 3.07 GHZ

Memory 9.00 GB

Has a New SUper Hard drive!

Hitachi HDT7210

I have my FSX set max settings on all sliders and it runs with out lag! yahoo

:engel016:

hey_moe
October 30th, 2009, 23:16
Specs look great.......congratulation :ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
October 30th, 2009, 23:18
sure is nice having all the settings up

gajit
October 30th, 2009, 23:30
Wow - lucky you - I have cunningly bought wife new PC so that I can get one myself in a while!

I bet it makes so much difference. I must have at least 7 addons ( not counting scenery) that are just below 10 fps to run.

Enjoy :ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
October 31st, 2009, 00:29
just did a flight from S60 to friday harbor in the Aerosoft PBY in very heavy Clouds frames were 20 fps no drop off plus all the settings on max! works sweet tommrrow i am goto install my Bear Studios MIG-15 and check her out aswell as my Wings of power P-47 and B-17 cant wait to see how it works with them

may even look at playing with frame limits

harleyman
October 31st, 2009, 02:21
Congrats on the new rig...

FSX shure is much more fun when you can just power it on and fly without worrying about tweaking and such...

Whats a new super HDD ??? Is it Solid State ?

txnetcop
October 31st, 2009, 02:48
Congrats on the new rig...

FSX shure is much more fun when you can just power it on and fly without worrying about tweaking and such...

Whats a new super HDD ??? Is it Solid State ?

Nope it's Hitachi 1TB

Congrats Cirrus, that is the exactly the Gateway we tested at TechCorp that I thought so highly of and that Flyindave purchased at MicroCenter. There is one thing to add to it and that is a small fan on the Northbridge as the test model we had did not have very good Northbridge cooling...it only takes couple of minutes to install one. We also recommended to the mfg to use the Corsair Dominator 1600 mhz memory.
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

LouP
October 31st, 2009, 09:35
Boy, glad to read this as I have a similar system on the way and was hoping I would be able to run FSX at some decent settings. My future system will be an Alienware i7 950 with 6 gb 1333mhz RAM, GTX-285 and 1 tb hard drive. I am sure I will be posting for advice after I get it set up.

Cheers,
LouP