PDA

View Full Version : GMax Academy down for the count?

Blackbird686
October 30th, 2009, 17:00
I tried to access a download link to the GMax Academy to download their Mirage III-V. When the site came up, there was a note saying: "On this site, you will find no downloads"... Hmmm... Anyone else experience this?
Is the GMax Academy a done deal? :pop4:

BB686:USA-flag:

OBIO
October 30th, 2009, 17:13
There was a ruckus a while back...I have no idea what, why, who, how...but feelings were hurt, toes were stepped on, people got mad and those of us who have nothing but respect for the Gmax Academy team are now without access to their planes. Sometimes there are people who think that since they are flying cartoon planes they have the right to act like children and say and do childish things when they don't like a present that has been given to them.....instead of being grateful that there are still those who are willing to put their nose to the grind stone, produce stellar planes and give them to the simming community. So, the long and short of it is that some A-hole has sent another freeware developer out of simdom.

OBIO

Flyboy208
October 30th, 2009, 19:12
The fine people at GMAX Academie have produced some great French aircraft for FS. I wish they were still available ...

Merci to GMAX Academie for all you have given us as I am a big fan of Mirage aircraft ...

Mike :ernae:

SOLOBO
October 31st, 2009, 11:39
Merci à vous les gars de Gmax académie....

J'essaie d'imaginer le travail consenti pour réaliser cette série de
Mirage.... mais j'ai du mal...:ernae: ...

Thank you very much guys of Gmax academy, I try to imagine the work,
again and again, for create this Mirage family...

thank's again, and respect...

:running:...

Blackbird686
October 31st, 2009, 12:53
They did a MiG-21 a while back which had several revisions and patches. The final product was a superb rendition of the real deal. I was glad to be able to download that plane, and I'm still flying her with Yago's photoreal Croation Air Force brushwork, as well as other repaints.
Through the generosity of Eric Marciano, I gained access to one of the GMax Academy's exquisite Mirage 2000 aircraft. Just enough to wet my appetite for more Dassault aircraft in my hangar. My only concern was that towards the end, their site did not support IE....:monkies:.
As far as their work is concerned, I think it is excellent. I sincerely hope that at some point they come back.

fsafranek
October 31st, 2009, 22:15
The Gmax Academy have completed the release of their Mirage 2000 series with the Mirage 2000-5F
(package includes 6 external configurations and 7 texture sets) and the Mirage 2000-9 (package
includes 11 external configurations and 13 texture sets).

I have been authorized by my friend Pierre Marchadier of the GMax Academy to distribute their
Mirage 2000 series from my website. These are the latest versions and include all corrections
and modifications from their forum.

I'll see if I can get the same authorization for the Mirage III V.
:ernae:

Blackbird686
November 1st, 2009, 03:02
Thanks Frank :icon29: for your efforts. Thanks Pierre, :guinness: for allowing Frank to distribute the Mirage 2000 package from his site. It is efforts like this, from great folks like you guys that keep my interest in FS alive.

SOLOBO
November 1st, 2009, 03:41
GREAT !! :icon29:....

Many thank's Franck, and Pierre... :ernae:

Underdog
November 1st, 2009, 04:19
I just tryed Frank's site and my securityware went bonkers!!!!! Frank please look into this.

Flyboy208
November 1st, 2009, 05:11
The Gmax Academy have completed the release of their Mirage 2000 series with the Mirage 2000-5F
(package includes 6 external configurations and 7 texture sets) and the Mirage 2000-9 (package
includes 11 external configurations and 13 texture sets).

I have been authorized by my friend Pierre Marchadier of the GMax Academy to distribute their
Mirage 2000 series from my website. These are the latest versions and include all corrections
and modifications from their forum.

I'll see if I can get the same authorization for the Mirage III V.

This is great news Frank! :ernae:

And the packages Frank mentioned are now available at his website ...

Mike :applause:

fsafranek
November 1st, 2009, 09:35
I just tryed Frank's site and my securityware went bonkers!!!!! Frank please look into this.
Ok. So, in a PM (let's keep the thread on topic) tell me about your securityware and what exactly happened.

UKVoodoo
November 1st, 2009, 09:40

Not a problem here frank, over zealous securityware possibly :173go1:

Underdog
November 1st, 2009, 10:05
I used the link posted. Later, went directly to the site no problems. Hats off to the developers :medals::medals:. Great 2000 !!!!

Flyboy208
November 1st, 2009, 18:34
Enjoyable flight tonight with the UAE export 2-seater ...

Mike :wavey:

Flyboy208
November 1st, 2009, 18:36
8 more piccies ...

fsafranek
November 2nd, 2009, 06:08
Enjoyable flight tonight with the UAE export 2-seater ...

Nice series of images. I like the formation shot with the 747.

What scenery is that in the first images?

Flyboy208
November 2nd, 2009, 06:24
Thank you Frank, the scenery I got here over a year ago when someone posted a link to some modern Iraqi airbases ...

Flyboy208
November 2nd, 2009, 07:39
Alright, did some digging on the web, here is the link to this scenery ...

http://fsupgrade.com/scnyfs9c_iabp.html

ZsoltB
November 2nd, 2009, 10:18
8 more piccies ...

Hello,

Very nice pics!

How can I obtain the Mirage model in the image?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zsolt

dhazelgrove
November 2nd, 2009, 12:57
How can I obtain the Mirage model in the image?

You can get all of them at Frank's site: http://www.mirage4fs.com/
That model looks to be the Mirage 2000-9.

Dave

fsafranek
November 2nd, 2009, 14:01
Alright, did some digging on the web, here is the link to this scenery ...

http://fsupgrade.com/scnyfs9c_iabp.html

Very cool. Thanks.

Flyboy208
November 2nd, 2009, 19:13
Very cool. Thanks.

Happy to be of some help Frank. Mike :wiggle:

AndyG43
June 15th, 2011, 00:44
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it tied in with some Googling I was doing as a result of looking at the latest info of the lovely Rooivalk at FS World.

The late great Gmax Academy made some real gems; most of these have resurfaced, over time, at the usual download sites; but there are two aircraft that seem to have vanished without trace, the K8 Kakakorum and the AS332 Super Puma (possibly also a Caracal).

Do any of you kind people know where these may be found, or even have a copy you would be able to pass on to me?

Many thanks

Rep
June 15th, 2011, 13:30
Hi Andy,
the karakorum is maybe still accessible somewhere on the net. If not, I will send it to you next week end.
regarding the super puma, this helicopter wasn't accessible as a freeware but as a contributionware. We asked people to make a donation for some associations and then they had access to it.
I worked on the Caracal but never finished it.
40088this one was for FSX, not FS2004.

I finished this adventure with something like 30 projects.
best regards
Pierre

AndyG43
June 15th, 2011, 13:47
Pierre, thank you for the answer.

Somebody has kindly supplied me with a copy of the K8. It's a shame about the Super Puma/Caracal, but I do appreciate your taking the time to answer.