PDA

View Full Version : Where'd the trees go?

OBIO
October 30th, 2009, 11:01
Early this morning, I spent a little time in my Silver Wings GA install flying the Piaggio P-166A and Brian Gladden's Gippsland Airvan. I was flying out of the USFS strips in Idaho....Cabin Creek USFS or something along those lines. Then I went into my GW3 GA and fired up the PA-18 Super Cub with Tundra Tires and selected the same airport....The same 2 buildings were there, the helipad was gone....and all the trees that made the place so beautiful in SW were GONE. Not a single tree in the valley.

I think I know that the trees that FS2004 places are dictated by land class....note I said I THINK I know...as this could be totally wrong.

What do I have to do, and what program do I need to have to do it, to get trees back into those nekkid valleys? An USFS airstrip in the middle of Idaho wilderness surely needs trees.

As if I didn't have more than enough things to keep me from spending time doing the important sim stuff like flying and painting.

OBIO

Willy
October 30th, 2009, 12:23
Check your auto-gen level. The higher the level, the more trees...

OBIO
October 30th, 2009, 12:36
Auto Gen is full right. There are trees all around, but in these valleys were the air strips are. None, or nearly none, of the US Forestry Service strips in Idaho have trees down in the valleys were the air strips are. On the hillls around the strips..but none down on the valley floors...In Silver Wings and stock FS9, yes...but none in GW3.

OBIO

rich12545
October 30th, 2009, 19:54
GW3 uses a different landclass.