PDA

View Full Version : M*A*S*H ... then and now

Snuffy
October 29th, 2009, 10:08
In the spirit of some of P's posts ...

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/10/28/thennow-cast-mash?slide=1

Quicksand
October 29th, 2009, 10:55
Good find, Ted... As a boy, M*A*S*H was the ONLY show I would put down my fishing rod/rifle/football/RC transmitter in order to watch..:medals:

n4gix
October 29th, 2009, 11:01
I still enjoy watching the re-re-re-re-re-runs each week... :bump:

Toastmaker
October 29th, 2009, 11:16
What a great show. My favorite part of Col. Potter's character was when he'd blurt out - "HORSE HOCKY!" -

:applause:

Tako_Kichi
October 29th, 2009, 11:29
Loved the show from the early days of it being shown on UK TV. I was amazed when I emigrated to find out it could be watched every night of the week on all the re-run channels here in Canada. Needless to say I spent a lot of time catching up on episodes I had missed.

TomSteber
October 29th, 2009, 11:49
Oh my God! I am/was a total M.A.S.H. addict. When it was on 4 times a day in reruns back in the 80's, I'd watch every one of them. For me the show really started to fade towards the end. I've always thought that some of the best seasons were the ones up to the point where Henry got killed and Trapper left.
I own the DVD's of those seasons. After that, the show still had me, but then after Frank left... ah well. There were still good episodes after that but they we're getting too political for my taste.

Quicksand
October 29th, 2009, 12:34
I agree whole-heartedly, Tom, but, by then it was a ritual in my life to tune in no matter what... I love the re-runs still, and it will still draw my attention over almost anything else...:kilroy:

Gdavis101
October 29th, 2009, 22:15
Awesome find! Thanks.. I love that show, just watched a couple episodes last night.. MASH is timeless! Amongst all the CSI's, NCIS's, Law And Order's and other off the wall drama's if MASH is on, I usually find myself watching it. Shoot, I bought the whole series on DVD I like it so much, but I still find myself watching the reruns on TV.

Whitehawk
October 30th, 2009, 00:19
+1 to the M*A*S*H addicts club, got the TV series and the Movie on DVD and am halfway through the first book that started it all! Love it!

stansdds
October 30th, 2009, 02:27
I watched it when it was a new show and for years I watched the syndicated re-runs.

TomSteber
October 30th, 2009, 03:19
Shoot, I bought the whole series on DVD I like it so much, but I still find myself watching the reruns on TV.

Why is it that we do that?
Why do I watch movies that I have on DVD on TV?
It's almost like reliving our childhood or something.
You know what I mean? Like all those classic shows that were only on once a year. Now we own them but still take the time to watch them when their on. The funny part is that we rarely ever watch the DVD of it!

Gdavis101
October 30th, 2009, 12:43
I don't know, I found myself watching Star Wars A New Hope the other day on TV. After about the first 4 commercial breaks I decided that If I really needed to watch I should watch it on DVD.

I do the same thing with the old Nash Bridges show to, I have seasons 1 and 2, but I am always watching it when it is on TV.

Snuffy
October 30th, 2009, 14:24
Still the one show that doesn't matter how many times I've seen them, I find myself having a hard time turning the channel past those episodes.

:medals:

lifejogger
October 30th, 2009, 16:35
Good TV show, Good Movie and the the actual book was even better.

TomSteber
October 30th, 2009, 17:31
I got a friend at work who is the ultimate M.A.S.H. fanatic. I try to stump him and almost never do I get him. It's fun reciting lines back and forth. That's when you know your real fans. We've seen the show so many times even if we haven't seen a particular episode in years, we can still run the lines!

And when that gets old, he's also up on his Gilligan's Island trivia.