PDA

View Full Version : Aussieman's delivery run to Australia

AussieMan
October 29th, 2009, 00:08
Tonight I find myself sitting in a bar of the Savoy Hotel after the disaster of yesterday. I had had a couple of special instruments added to the panel of my DH-80 Puss Moth. I decided to do a test flight to make sure everything was in working order for the London - Melbourne air race. Bad move .....

As the airfield is typical of most British airfields ... all grass, I taxied to the far end of the field in order to take off into the wind. After opening the throttle and building up speed all seemed well. Then just as the tail came up off the ground I hit a rabbit hole or something. This resulted in me careering across the feild out of control. End result ..... one written off Puss Moth. Landing gear ripped off, one wing severly bent and a broken motor.

My race was over before it even started. All I can hope for now is an offer to join another crew. One way of getting home I suppose.

Cheers
Pat

AussieMan
October 31st, 2009, 01:55
Sitting in my hotel room feeling sorry for myself and thinking how stupid I was when the phone rang.

"Hello"

"Mr. Cox?"

"Yes"

"My name is Michael James and I represent a Australian airline called Ansett. You have heard of them I suppose?"

"Yes"

"Well the owner a Mr. Reginald Ansett has purchased a DC-2 and is needing a pilot to fly it back to Australia and I had heard you might be available after your mishap the other day. Mr. Ansett has authorised me to offer you a wage of 35 pounds a day plus accommodation and meals and other out of pocket expenses you may incur if you are prepared to fly the aircraft back to Australia. Your co-pilot will be a gentleman named Bill Bray. Should you accept the offer the aircraft is parked at Mildenhall. Do you accept the offer?"

"Yes"

With that I headed out to Mildenhall to meet with Bill and make arrangements for the flight. We both agreed that we would need a few victims .... errr passengers to help out and make us a little bit of money on the side.

With that preperations for the flight began.

Dangerousdave26
October 31st, 2009, 07:30
:ernae:

Cheers to the DC2 Pat

Mind your engines ( I hear they are finicky) and bring her home.

You might even pass me up on the way :icon_lol:

AussieMan
October 31st, 2009, 12:13
They sure are Dave. This is the RC2 version of the native FSX model. I have been on the beta team from day one of the FS9 version of this great aircraft.

Now that I have a new CH yoke I will have a little more control over the engines.

Cheers
Pat

AussieMan
November 9th, 2009, 22:05
Just as everything was in readiness for the race, The FSX DC-2 was released all my victims .... errrrr passengers ready things have taken a sorry turn for the worst.

On Sunday I was assaulted by a fellow taxi driver who took exception to some new rules that were introduced to curb the unsavoury actions of this person and several others who constantly flouted the rules.

This gentleman (to use the term lightly) blamed me for the introduction of these rules and took things into his own hands leaving me rather bruised and sorry.

As a consequence I am unable to spend the required hours at the computer at the moment to be able to do the long flights necessary for this race and therefore must withdraw my entry.

Cheers
Pat