PDA

View Full Version : FSX version question

lawdawg
October 28th, 2009, 17:54
I have the standard version. I am really considering the Gold version.
Is it worth it to change?
I cringe at the thought of the re-install process. Would probably go for it if you guys that know think it's worth it

harleyman
October 28th, 2009, 18:21
I forget just whats included in the standard version its been so long...

The Gold version has Delux and Acceleration included..

Wish I remembered the difference between the Deluxe and the Standard versions though !

cheezyflier
October 28th, 2009, 18:24
depends what you mean by the "standard" version.

originally it was released as a "standard" version and a "deluxe" version. the deluxe has a couple more planes and several more missions. for example, the goose and the maul are only AI in the standard version. you can't fly them.

if you are talking about currently having only fsx sp2, and not acceleration as the "standard version", then that is another matter. you can buy acceleration and just add it to your already installed fsx. that's what i did. you'd gain nothing important by getting the gold version. it's just fsx and acceleration all in one package.

that said, un-installing fsx and re-installing it isn't that hard unless you have a bunch of cfg tweaks, add-on terrain, weather, etc. i should know, i've already un-installed it and re-installed it 5 times.

Techy111
October 28th, 2009, 18:25
Deluxe has the Extra Aircraft and the SDK on the Disc...worth the upgrade as its cheaper in some shops than just the standard version...!!!

Tony

lawdawg
October 28th, 2009, 18:39
OH yeah,
I meant standard as no acceleration or other bells/whistles.
I have been eyeballing the HD Goose from AussieX.

MCDesigns
October 28th, 2009, 19:26
OH yeah,
I meant standard as no acceleration or other bells/whistles.
I have been eyeballing the HD Goose from AussieX.

basically there is the standard version and the deluxe version and then there is acceleration. I'd go with gold as you get the extra aircraft from both the deluxe and acceleration, the extra HD airports and you get the carrier ops. Plus many addons require acceleration, so it's best to have it.

lawdawg
October 28th, 2009, 22:31
Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions.
I Just got back home with a FSX Gold package.
Let the fun begin...he he.