PDA

View Full Version : Windows taskbar showing while running fullscreen FSX

dhl1986
October 28th, 2009, 15:45
I think I caused this by hitting some random combination of keys. While in fullscreen mode, I still see the windows taskbar. I was not getting this before a few days ago, when I was flying with a friend online and trying to figure out how to hand over controls to him. I probably hit every possible combination of keys before I found the right one. Any idea on how to make the Windows taskbar go away?

falcon409
October 28th, 2009, 16:03
Right click on the taskbar and check "autohide".

dhl1986
October 28th, 2009, 16:09
Right click on the taskbar and check "autohide".

I like my taskbar to be visible when I'm not in FSX, and changing it every time I wanted to play would drive me to insanity in no time flat. The taskbar didn't show before, this is a recent change brought on by my error. I would prefer to fix the problem itself.

Techy111
October 28th, 2009, 16:37
Try clicking Alt and Tab together...works for me...?

Tony

dhl1986
October 28th, 2009, 17:25
Okay, I finally found a solution online to fix that.

Now I have yet another question. I swear I should just make my own personal thread and update it daily as I encounter new things I don't understand about FSX.

Me and a friend are flying together on a LAN and sharing the Carenado C-172. I am trying to teach him radios next, but for some reason my ` key that I use to pull up the ATC window in single player, doesn't work in multiplayer. I can get ATIS by entering the frequency in the stack in VC, and it is automatically activated. However when I enter the frequency for tower/ground etc, it doesn't pop up the window. In single player I normally just enter the frequency and then press ` to get the ATC window. Anyone have a solution for this?

Techy111
October 28th, 2009, 18:13
AFAIK ATC doesn't work in MP...?

Tony

falcon409
October 28th, 2009, 19:02
Yea, in FSX, ATC does work. As far as the pop up. I have a button on my joystick mapped to bring up ATC. That seemed the easiest way and I don't have to move off the stick.

dhl1986
October 30th, 2009, 20:53

Tony

Oh, that's pretty disappointing.

I have noticed that in some multiplayer games I am unable to access the map. A lot of the options on the bar up top are grayed out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't seem to track it down to anything in particular. Any ideas for this problem? :)

falcon409
October 30th, 2009, 21:09
dhl, are you still asking if ATC works in MP for FSX? I've lost track of what problem you're currently discussing now. If it is ATC you're asking about, take a look at my post just above your last one. . .Yes, ATC does work in FSX multiplayer. Not in FS9 but it does work in FSX. Now if it doesn't on your system then maybe those errant keystrokes knocked out more than just that taskbar showing up.

dhl1986
October 30th, 2009, 21:20

Tony

.Yes, ATC does work in FSX multiplayer.

Not too hard to figure out why I am confused.

But my more recent question was about the map. Whenever I am hosting a game on my LAN with my friends, I am sometimes able to select World --> Map , and other times it is grayed out.

dhl1986
November 2nd, 2009, 13:47
But my more recent question was about the map. Whenever I am hosting a game on my LAN with my friends, I am sometimes able to select World --> Map , and other times it is grayed out.

Bump, for the quoted problem. Still haven't been able to find an answer. I would like to figure out how to enable the world map while playing online, because currently I am unable to access ATIS and VOR information, which is holding me back from being able to teach my friend a lot of things.

Stickshaker
November 9th, 2009, 12:34
DHL1986, suddenly I have the same problem, and with other sims too. Can you tell me where you found the online solution?