PDA

View Full Version : Photoreal scenery tiles

falcon409
October 27th, 2009, 20:30
I am using SBuilderX for working with satellite images for photoreal airport scenery. Initially it was working great and I got some really nice hi-res images to work from. All seemed to be working great. That has stopped being the norm however. I don't remember exactly when it quit working, but it has been a long time since I have been able to get anything hi-res to work with.

SBX tile servers will let me zero in on a particular area to save, I can select the resolution I want and draw my area box to save a particular section, but it will not make an image unless I drop the resolution to the lowest setting.

I tried a test this evening and pulled up the region in the Texas Coastal area around Galveston that I wanted. Next I selected the very highest resolution and then drew a box that only selected about 100 tiles, not very large at all actually. . .the size of a postage stamp compared to what I actually wanted to save. Anyway, it would not even make an image of that small area, until I lowered the resolution, which, by the way, turned into "1" tile at the lowest resolution.

I'm at a standstill here and would like someone elses input as to how everyone seems to still be knocking out nice photo scenery and I can't get a decent image to save me.

Thanks

NoNewMessages
October 28th, 2009, 07:09
Can you give a sampling of coordinates? What are the dates of the .DLL files in your \SBX\Tiles folder?

falcon409
October 28th, 2009, 07:42
Can you give a sampling of coordinates? What are the dates of the .DLL files in your \SBX\Tiles folder?
Googleserver.dll. . . .9/30/2009
VirtualEarthServer.dll. . .6/15/2009
TahooServer.dll. . .6/15/2009

I don't have the coordinates handy, but the airport is Flyin' Tiger Airport just northwest of Galveston, Tx.

NoNewMessages
October 28th, 2009, 10:12
Found it, zoomed it, downloaded it. Saved the area file if you want to grab it;

http://www.lcsims.com/sbx/81dinsbx.zip

Don't know what is holding you back from getting tiles? The grab above is GE, level 18. Using the same GE .DLL as you list, though my Yahoo and VE are from 2007. I can't think of anything related to SBX that would preclude your getting tiles downloading, unless something changed the .INI file??

When you say it will only create a 1 tile, low res picture it means to me that it's using the default globe picture to create things. The only possibility may be that there are too many downloaded tiles sitting on the HD and there may be a max for SBX before it quits doing it's thing. I just checked and I've got 143K+ files sitting in 7,178 folders underneath the \SBX\Tiles folder. Maybe check your files/folder count and if you're way above my numbers it might be time to do some tree trimming. There *may* be a limit that SBX is running into?????

falcon409
October 28th, 2009, 15:15
I had a total of 40,000 tiles over the three main folders for the servers. My folder totals weren't anywhere close to yours though with only about 3,000 folders. I moved everything to temp folders and retried but it changed nothing really. SBX will not give me anything except low res images. Where is the ini file you mentioned and what should I look for to see if something there has changed?

By the way, after loading and calibrating the image you sent, everything looked great except that when it came time to compile, it did not recognize that image as a photo scenery image. It simply said there was nothing to compile. Strange.