PDA

View Full Version : Race Team Four - Modern GA - Cessna 414A Chancellor

Spookster67
October 27th, 2009, 02:20
http://www.premaircraft.com/C414_FSX/img2.gif

We're just finalizing preparations for a departure in the next few days. :wavey:

Spookster67
November 1st, 2009, 09:42
Well there are some strong westerly winds in western Europe right now, so let's see whether we can find them. Not sure about the range in this Cessna 414A, so we'll head towards Bucharest but probably stop short in Austria.

Also still not sure who my fellow team pilots are... but I'll find some, somewhere.

Let's go :wavey:

EGUN to LRBS, or perhaps shorter.

SWSucceed
November 1st, 2009, 11:12
Well there are some strong westerly winds in western Europe right now, so let's see whether we can find them. Not sure about the range in this Cessna 414A, so we'll head towards Bucharest but probably stop short in Austria.

Also still not sure who my fellow team pilots are... but I'll find some, somewhere.

Let's go :wavey:

EGUN to LRBS, or perhaps shorter.
I'm ready Monday night UK time ... anyone else for the daytime US??

Sorry been away (Halloween, got to hide the wife) can you re-link the download for me for my work office ... tks!

Spookster67
November 1st, 2009, 12:00
Stuart - this is the aircraft:
http://www.premaircraft.com/C414_FSX/index.html

It has a good panel, but needs a fuel status gauge. Here's the code to insert into the panel.cfg:

Window08=Fuel Status

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window08]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=200,64
window_size_ratio=1
position=1
visible=0
ident=48
gauge00=RKG_fuelstat!FuelStatusSq_turbine_wide, 0,0,200

Please go ahead and fly it Monday evening. Can we get Roger to join the team?

Spookster67
November 1st, 2009, 12:37
The range is 950 to 1000nm on a full tank, so at least 100nm short of getting me to Bucharest. Bratislava (LZIB) was right on the course line towards Baghdad, so that is where I've parked it. Keys are in the flying club hut, behind the bar.

I found some strong winds, but mostly from the side rather than behind. I also had a headwind at times, so not the fastest flight. Anyway, we're off! :applause:

SWSucceed
November 2nd, 2009, 00:16
We are installed and ready ... will give it a go! Have posted in the AspireFSX.cm forum to get together tonite if anyone is available.

SWSucceed
November 2nd, 2009, 10:57
Cancelled, something amiss ... red Duenna ...

SWSucceed
November 2nd, 2009, 11:20
Departing LZIB ... :running:

SWSucceed
November 2nd, 2009, 14:48
Arrived safely LTAP ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 2nd, 2009, 23:35
To confirm I am flying as team member 2 in Race Team Four .... :cost1:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 00:36
Departing LTAP for ORBI ... :running:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 02:59
Arrived ORBI / ORBS Checkpoint 1 ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 03:04
Departing ORBI / ORBS towards VIAL ... let's see what's out there ... :running:

Spookster67
November 6th, 2009, 05:08
Arrived ORBI / ORBS Checkpoint 1 ... :applause:

Nice work Stuart, good to see you flying again.

Cumulative flight time: 8:30:13.

I reckon that's only a matter of seconds outside the handicap target at Baghdad. :applause:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 06:18
Arrived OIZJ ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 06:19
Nice work Stuart, good to see you flying again.

Cumulative flight time: 8:30:13.

I reckon that's only a matter of seconds outside the handicap target at Baghdad. :applause:
Thanks - still rough, no voice and a sore chest but able to prop myself up for the sim :mixedsmi:

Only a few seconds eh ... must try harder then ... just looked handicap is 8:29:33 and cumulative is 8:30:13 so I'm 2/5th second over or so?

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 06:25
Departing OIZJ, again headed towards VIAL ... :running:

(sorry I took-off before checking the post had updated - about 1.5 minutes after the baton I posted this)

Skyking53
November 6th, 2009, 08:13
Stuart, Good to see you back in the air and burn'in up the skies. Keep it up.....

Randy

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 10:11
Arrived VIJP ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 10:17
Departing VIJP for second compulsory stop, and well earned race at VIAL ... :running:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 11:35
Arrived at compulsory check point 2, VIAL ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 11:45
Do or die ... departing VIAL for VYYY ... :running:

Spookster67
November 6th, 2009, 11:53
Do or die ... departing VIAL for VYYY ... :running:

Wow, you're covering some miles in the Cessna today! I was just about the grab the baton and head for VYCI - now that would have been "do or swim" !!

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 12:05
Wow, you're covering some miles in the Cessna today! I was just about the grab the baton and head for VYCI - now that would have been "do or swim" !!
:jump: What else to do when at home poorly ... TV is not for me ... something constructive IS ...

I want to take advantage of the tail wind to make up for the head wind that cost me some 20 or more minutes on the handicap before my hard work turns to :pop4:

Good luck with your flight too ... I'm doing it live on aspirefsx.com in the dark too!!

SWSucceed
November 6th, 2009, 15:23
Arrived VYYY ... Time for some rest I think! ... :applause:

OOPPSS!! Copied the wrong graphic first time, so please use the right one lol! Not sure how to remove a wrong attachment ... please refer Duenna for VIAL to VYYY - tks!

SWSucceed
November 7th, 2009, 04:54
Departing VYYY towards Singapore ... see how the winds take me ... :running:

(Red Duenna, my fault, restarted)

SWSucceed
November 7th, 2009, 06:49
Had to land as I was needed domestically, arrived safely VTSE (Thailand) ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 8th, 2009, 04:04
Departing VTSE for Singapore, compulsory stop no. 2, WSSL ... :running:

SWSucceed
November 8th, 2009, 06:46
Arrived WSSL ... :applause:

SWSucceed
November 8th, 2009, 08:18
Departing Singapore WSSL headed for Port Darwin YPDN and suitable place to overnight ... :running:

Skyking53
November 8th, 2009, 08:47
Looks like if I don't hurry up I'll be buying you and Martin :icon29::icon29: when we get to Melbourne. I wonder if the pub will accept that 1000-rupee note I picked up in Calcutta??? Hmmmm.....

Doing a good job --- Keep it up.

Skyking53
Randy

Spookster67
November 8th, 2009, 08:51
I see you're still getting the hours in with the Cessna! Hopefully I can get another chance to fly it, otherwise it's looking like a solo effort. :icon_lol:

p.s. I reckon we're about 62 mins down on handicap at Singapore. Hopefully we can find some tailwinds going into Oz.

SWSucceed
November 8th, 2009, 10:16
I see you're still getting the hours in with the Cessna! Hopefully I can get another chance to fly it, otherwise it's looking like a solo effort. :icon_lol:

p.s. I reckon we're about 62 mins down on handicap at Singapore. Hopefully we can find some tailwinds going into Oz.
Not a chance ... got crosswinds now at 17500ft but headwinds again from 6,500ft upwards when I departed so I reckon we're out of luck and will just be part-players ...

Spookster67
November 8th, 2009, 11:49
OK, well perhaps I can take the next leg anyway, see whether I can get lucky! Any idea where you'll be landing...?

SWSucceed
November 8th, 2009, 12:31
Arrived WAAA Pendang ....:applause: ... over to you Martin, there was a good tailwind at 17500 when I had to land maybe you'll pick it up.

Spookster67
November 12th, 2009, 04:42
Right, time to move along, to Darwin. I've crash landed my solo entry there already this morning, but this time I'm gonna get it right! ;)

WAAA - YPDN. About 3.5 hours.

Spookster67
November 12th, 2009, 07:59
Well, the weather at Darwin had improved considerably, just a few clouds and light winds. Down safely at YPDN.

SWSucceed
November 12th, 2009, 23:25
Sorry to hear you crashed ... especially as you'd done so well. Wishing you lots of success with the precision when you get there ... fingers all crossed for you :running:

Spookster67
November 13th, 2009, 09:02
This time we're headed for Century Mine (YCNY), which is perhaps a 2:25 flight.

Spookster67
November 13th, 2009, 11:24
Arrived, YCNY.

Spookster67
November 14th, 2009, 06:39
The penultimate hop, to Charleville.

Spookster67
November 14th, 2009, 09:06
And safely down at Charleville, YBCV.

SWSucceed
November 16th, 2009, 01:38
GO! Martin!! :applause:

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 03:28
Well, the Cessna has been at Charleville a while, but now it's time to finish this challenge and head down to Melbourne.

We'll fly direct, and look forward to some nice VMC weather when we get to the other end. Currently YMEN is partly cloudy at 4000 feet, 50nm vis, so that will be fine if it holds. Looking forward to flying a circuit or two at the airfield, wave to the crowds, then put her down right on schedule. :)

Flight time estimate is 2 hours, 48 minutes.

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 03:54
While at Charleville we finally found someone to repaint the aircraft. Race Team Four is now officially "supported by AspireFSX", and so the paint scheme and logo reflect that.

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 06:13
Real life interuption, I may not be able to be in the cockpit at 2:48!! Fingers crossed.

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 06:33
I'm going to have to refly the leg. :mad:

A lost dog turned up in my garden! I tried calling its owner, but no reply, so I ended up adopting it temporarily. Then its owner called me back to arrange collection, just at the wrong time. I was right on schedule for a gentle descent into the Melbourne area, and a good approach to YMEN.

Ah well, at least the dog is happy, sat in my hallway waiting for its owner to arrive. :icon_lol:

Aborted Duenna link:
http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=4q1VwcGTD8NR0bMUJHQyIkxitv8

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 07:17
Well, I got a box of chocolates from the dogs owner, so now I have something to eat while I refly the leg. :jump:

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 12:07
Same leg again, YBCV TO YMEN, hopefully without interuptions.

Precision time target unchanged, still 2 hours 48 minutes.

Spookster67
November 20th, 2009, 15:12
Down at YMEN, to complete the trip. No interuptions this time, so I could plan my approach and landing.:icon_lol:

Thanks Stuart for joining me to fly this trip as Race Team Four (supported by AspireFSX). And of course thanks to the guys who have put this fun event together!

http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/logs/jW14Q8HRo7XxAcQ3uvFzPsx7Zc.txt

Oops, 8 seconds late. ;)

Pics:

a flyby to check conditions - blustery
on the ground, and gone to the bar, without even shutting down...

Skyking53
November 20th, 2009, 16:39
Martin,
Congratulations to both you and Stuart on a job well done! So close. I also really like the Aspire paint job you put on the Chancellor. Looks pretty sharp.

Regards,

Skyking53
Randy

MM
November 20th, 2009, 16:53
Very well done, Martin and Stuart. Good to see excellent airmanship skills on display.

Willy
November 20th, 2009, 16:55
Well done! Congratulations on a race well flown... :ernae:

EdGeneer
November 25th, 2009, 18:15
Excellent job Team Four!!! Welcome to Melbourne !!!

Rounds for all :) :icon29:

SWSucceed
December 1st, 2009, 03:01
Well done Martin! Had some very interesting occurrences! Hopefully we can place a couple pics of the aircraft on the AspireFSX.com forum in due course. Sorry I took so many legs but looks like you just had enough chances to get 'er in!!

I will leave you to post your great Golden Era achievement story, pics and the Team Four paint pics when you get the chance ... I was so tempted to make an announcement about it out of the 'adrenaline' of reading but of course it is not for me to take away your "bragging rights!"

To the guys at Sim Outhouse, what can I say but a huge thank you!! I had a great time but should have ditched the DC-3 when I first felt things were not right and started over with something else in the Golden Era. I was also very late into the race due to having recently established AspireFSX.com so was literally planning as I flew and would have made a pretty good effort given more time so I hope to be welcome at future races and will be far better prepared both on paper and mentally! I would hope to bring a bigger more organised team with us next time as well.

Along with your fabulous Round The World Race series I am thinking that it is time European FSX enthusiasts gave a little back to our American friends and prepared and staged our own Round Europe Race and I am going to start planning and getting ideas together. There will be a forum thread setup on AspireFSX.com (http://aspirefsx.com) where I would like to start collecting ideas, tips and suggestions from all over and warmly invite you to register with us and come help us learn the ropes so we can produce perhaps a summer race in Europe?

Once again well done Martin and a great big WOOP!!! to you all :running:

donlimpio
December 1st, 2009, 05:30
well done! congratulations!