PDA

View Full Version : Error messages I would like to remove

dhl1986
October 26th, 2009, 15:33
When opening FSX, I am greeted by two error messages, the first being:

"Scenery.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery\SCENERY) in scenery Area.115 not found. Click OK to continue."

I opened Scenery.CFG and found Area.115 and changed the values to FALSE, but the error message still pops up.

The second error message is:
"Aircraft initialization failure. Aircreation 582SLred"

I removed the ultralight (and all planes included with FSX for that matter) because I never used it, and was trying to free up hard drive space. I made a backup, so worst case scenario I could always return the plane, but I would prefer to change the default plane somehow so that I don't get the message.

Any help is appreciated!

harleyman
October 26th, 2009, 15:56
The scenery error can't be fixed that way...

Load FSX and go into the scenery library and uncheck that area and that will go away...

As far as the default aircraft...I don't know how to fix that....

spotlope
October 26th, 2009, 16:09
I think the ultralight initialization failure is because your default flight still uses it, and when it tries to load the plane, it fails. Try loading another flight in a plane you do have, save it, and set it as default. Pretty sure this will get rid of the Aircreation notice.

Dangerous Beans
October 26th, 2009, 16:22
The scenery error is probably because you unistalled an addon and it deleted the Addon Scenery folder.

Make a new folder in the main FSX folder called Addon Scenery, then make 2 new folders in that one called scenery and texture, that should fix it

AckAck
October 26th, 2009, 16:36
You can select a different flight as default that uses an aircraft that you have installed, or you can change the aircraft that it calls for to a different default.

To change the aircraft in the default flight, find and open the .FLT file. (probably FLTSIM.FLT or DEFAULT_enu.FLT) Scroll through it untill you find the [sim.0] section. It should look something like:
[Sim.0]
Sim=Aircreation582SL red

Open the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft you want to use and copy portion after the "title=" in that section of the file. As an example, the first Carenado C-172N Skyhawk reads:"title=C172N Skyhawk II." Select "C172N Skyhawk II" and paste that behind "Sim=" in the FLT file. Voila, you've changed the aircraft in that flight.

Or, you can change the FLT file to one that you have an aircraft installed for.

That you can find in the fsx.cfg file, in the [USERINTERFACE] section, in the line SITUATION=....

I have a non-default flight selected, so my line reads: SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Last Flight
which corresponds to a Last Flight.FLT file in the above directory. Yours will read something else. If you have a flight you want to use, change the path to the correct path of the file, and you should be good to go.

It's usually good practice to leave the default aircraft in place, simply for the reason that if something goes brownside up, you can quickly switch back to default and get it sorted out. That, and add-ons will use some default items occasionally.

You can fix the scenery.cfg error manually too, but it's probably better to do as Harleyman suggests and have FS "fix" it.

Brian

mrogers
October 26th, 2009, 21:50
I agree with Harleyman on his advice to load FSX and go into the scenery library and uncheck that area, or delete it and it will go away. Then afterwards add it back on again, if you want to use that scenery again.
I agree with Spotlope about the aircreation. Put it back in, if you still have it, and start up FSX and it will load as normal. Change to the aircraft of your choice and start a flight. Save that flight as the default one. Close FSX. Then remove the Aircreation. Should be ok after that, no more error messages.

Otherwise you could follow AckAck's advice as outlined above.
Hope that helps.

spotlope
October 26th, 2009, 21:57
You don't even have to put the Aircreation back in if you don't want. The error you're getting shouldn't stop FS from loading. Once you're at the main screen, just create or choose another flight in an aircraft you have installed and save it as default. That should do the trick. Remember though that many of your base settings are taken from the default flight, so don't accidentally save a flight with a bunch of systems turned off, or you might run into issues with some add-on planes later.

dhl1986
October 26th, 2009, 22:58
Fixed.

Saving a default flight with another plane saved the second problem, and creating the two folders in FSX/Addon Scenery did the trick for the first.

Much appreciated everyone :icon29: