PDA

View Full Version : You can not beat TEXNETCOP's advice

flyindave
October 26th, 2009, 12:01
I saw Idahosurge's post yesterday reguarding new computers. Back in august I had posted a similar question, Texnetcop and harleyman both answered both sudgested either building or having one built, I might say here I am getting a bit over the hill I'lll be 70 not to far away the thought of putting one together would be a fun project I have other aircraft hobbies that I enjoy and time is important to me, having one built some distance from myself did'nt appeal as should I have a problem ( and the last machine I had was nothing but trouble and the service was really bad) I did not want to be shipping it across the country, (expensive and iritating) Texnetcop sudgested Gateway FX6801-01 and that there was a company near me called Micro Center to make the story short I bought it from them one of the better sales experiences Ihave had at the time they did not have the Corsair ram and sudgested OCZ which I went along with nedless to say I had only had it up an running a few days and I was having blue screens memory managment we took in and teck said he found numerous ram errors a day after turning it on same problem took it in met with the manager he promised he would personally take care of it called me that evening said it was ready he had found after installing the Corsair Ram that it was running hot and he replaced the rear fan with a larger one and installed a fan in the front to pull air in. Oh it came with 9gb Samsung ram and I now have 12gb of Corsair ram

Texnetcop was there all through this and then the final set up of FSX and nhancer he was a constant source of help and knowlege and this machine is absoutly amazing I have had various initerations of FS for the past 8 years and it is not only a joy to fly it is so smooth and the scenery is simpuly beautiful. there is a opinion from a avowed non teckie

Dave :jump:

txnetcop
October 26th, 2009, 12:14
Thanks for the endorsement Dave. That Gateway series is nice when they they put the right memory in there and the Nvidia GTX285. If anyone else is thinking of buying a box instead of building remember to insist on Corsair Dominator 1600mhz for this computer or it will give you nothing but trouble with FSX. Other than that little problem it really is a nice box for those that just need to buy a ready-made. This motherboard has the Nvidia chipset on your specific model so it is a good idea to use Nvidia for Graphics.

It was my pleasure to help ya Dave...may you enjoy your Gateway for many years to come.
Ted

dharris
October 26th, 2009, 13:18
Best advice you can get anywhere is Ted's. Long may he reign!!!

harleyman
October 26th, 2009, 14:39
Rock On Dave................

Nothing beats FSX on a smooth box....:monkies:

Scratch
October 26th, 2009, 14:51
He's da man for sure:ernae:

dadmod
October 26th, 2009, 17:35
I'll second that...or is it third...or fourth!! :icon_lol::applause:

MudMarine
October 26th, 2009, 17:46
I can also say from first hand experience that Ted is one great guy! He went out of his way to help me during my first build! I could never thank him enough! You da man Ted!!:ernae::applause:

Kiwikat
October 26th, 2009, 18:57
... and he even helped me with homework once! :ernae:

(aced that assignment btw)

txnetcop
October 27th, 2009, 01:59
Thanks guys I really appreciate ya! I enjoy helping people when I can. You guys are da bomb!
Ted

MudMarine
October 27th, 2009, 04:54
... and he even helped me with homework once! :ernae:

(aced that assignment btw)

Did ya get an A+ ?:icon_lol:

Chacha
October 27th, 2009, 05:04
Congratulations Ted,

YOU are the bomb! You're advice has really inspired me to upgrade one of my computers, And I always take note on that...

Excellent professional advice.... :applause: