PDA

View Full Version : Question/Request

lifejogger
October 26th, 2009, 11:06
Would someone who is using FSGenesis in FSX go to Granby-Grand County Airport KGNB in Colorado and see if it is sitting on a Plateau? It seem like ever time I pick an airport to use as a base for flying around a paticular area it is sitting on a plateau. I want to make sure it is not a problem I am having with my installation of FSGenesis Mesh.

Thanks.

Lionheart
October 26th, 2009, 11:14
Hey LJ,

Sounds like you have a land mesh that isnt equal to what your scenery is. You might try turning off your mesh scenery when flying in that particular area.

Also, your Genesis package might have a download fix for 'meshing' with your 'mesh', pardon the pun.

Bill

falcon409
October 26th, 2009, 11:25
Hey LJ,
Sounds like you have a land mesh that isnt equal to what your scenery is. You might try turning off your mesh scenery when flying in that particular area.
Also, your Genesis package might have a download fix for 'meshing' with your 'mesh', pardon the pun.
Bill
Yea, seems like the folks at FSGenesis had advertised that they were able to all but eliminate the "plateau" problem with their latest offerings.

daytonite_andy
October 26th, 2009, 13:27
This is what KGNB looks like on my system. FSGenesis installed and the airport is default.

The mesh data may be correct and the default airport may be at the incorrect altitude. Just a thought.... :confused:

lifejogger
October 26th, 2009, 13:35
This is what KGNB looks like on my system. FSGenesis installed and the airport is default.

The mesh data may be correct and the default airport may be at the incorrect altitude. Just a thought.... :confused:

That is pretty much what it looks like on my system. Just for comparison sake I took pictures of that area with and without FSGenesis mesh and then compared them. Except for KGNB being on a plateau in the FSGenesis mesh I can't tell the difference between default and FSGensis.

falcon409
October 26th, 2009, 14:22
This is what I see with UTX and GEX, no FSGenesis.

lifejogger
October 26th, 2009, 14:39
This is what I see with UTX and GEX, no FSGenesis.
Your screen shot looks just like mine, I think I will stick with the default scenery for awhile.