PDA

View Full Version : Panning the VC with mouse?

Timm
October 26th, 2009, 09:29
Hi Guys,
Just a thought but is it possible in FSX to pan around the VC with the mouse? For example in DCS Blackshark you are able to pan around the VC with the mouse and click all the switchs etc. Now I have TrackIR but just lately it's been playing up and I am having to pan the VC with my joystick and then use mouse to click switches, so if it is possible to combine the pan with the mouse click function this would be great. Timm

Nick C
October 26th, 2009, 09:46
Hold down your space bar and move your mouse around. I'm not in the sim presently, but I think that's the correct combination. Plus use combinations of the shift and ctrl keys with the return and backspace key to move up, down, left, right forwards and backwards.

Nick C
October 26th, 2009, 09:47
Ctrl + space resets the view too I think.

gajit
October 26th, 2009, 09:56
Correct Nick

SkippyBing
October 26th, 2009, 09:57
I've found if you go into options and bind mouse-look (or whatever it's called) to a joystick button it'll stay in mouse-look mode until you press the button again which you might find easier than holding the space bar down. Having discovered the little mouse emulator on my Saitek throttle it's the main way I look around the cockpit these days.

jschall
October 26th, 2009, 10:04
[SHIFT]+o puts you in the mouse-look mode, and another [SHIFT]+o toggles you back to the normal cursor mode.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec

thefrog
October 26th, 2009, 10:22
In my mouse settings, I've mapped my Intellimouse middle mouse button to the Mouse look key in FSX- works perfectly
frog

Bjoern
October 26th, 2009, 10:37
Or use Wheelcam and you can pan by clicking the middle mouse button.