PDA

View Full Version : WIN7---no Safir X

big-mike
October 26th, 2009, 08:28
Hi,
yesterday i upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64bit to WIN7 Ultimate 64bit without
bigger problems.
FSX is running and also all Payware aircrafts i have---and i have many of them,even the WBS-Mustangs runs---only the Safir X is not to install.I tried it in several modes that WIN 7 allows,but no chance.
What is it for a problem?Are the guys at Sibwings not able to look into that
and fix it or are they not willing to do it?
But i think,they also want to sell their upcoming Birddog.
Not for WIN7-User?
Can`t understand this,sorry.
Michael

NoNewMessages
October 26th, 2009, 09:01
What is it for a problem?Are the guys at Sibwings not able to look into that
and fix it or are they not willing to do it?
But i think,they also want to sell their upcoming Birddog.
Not for WIN7-User?

Windows 7 has been released to the public for what, 3 days? And yet it appears you're questioning the developer's integrity because the plane doesn't install? Have you contacted the developer to ask about your problem or to see if they have a solution or are working on one?

Sorry if I'm missing something here, it just seems like an indictment being served, without all the details being offered.

big-mike
October 26th, 2009, 09:08
Yep,also posted in their forum.
But that`s not my problem.
WIN7 RC`s are out for a long time and nothing happened from Sibwings to make
a patch for the new OS.WIN7 is not out for 3days in my opinion.
Me and many others have paid for this aircraft and now we cannot use it.
That`s not correct.
Michael

Thoe6969
October 26th, 2009, 09:28
Yep,also posted in their forum.
But that`s not my problem.
WIN7 RC`s are out for a long time and nothing happened from Sibwings to make
a patch for the new OS.WIN7 is not out for 3days in my opinion.
Me and many others have paid for this aircraft and now we cannot use it.
That`s not correct.
Michael Give them a break,go back to XP for a while,gosh.

Lawman
October 26th, 2009, 09:30
This was posted on their forum by Alex:

"Hi Guys,

Does anybody want to help us with testing under Windows 7 ? http://forum.sibwings.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif"

So it seems they are working on compatibility, but they were just waiting for the retail version to be released.
BTW, they never claimed that the Safir would be W7-compatible and they have no legal obligation to do so (for free). You bought and got a product that clearly stated it was for XP/Vista:stop:.

Alexraptor
October 26th, 2009, 09:35
Dude....whats your problem?

Not even professional game companies release patches new games that relate to an OS that is not even out on the market, and you expect addon makers to make fixes prior to the commercial release of an OS?
Now that is not correct.

In addition you addon is specified for Windows XP or Vista... NOT... windows 7.
So technically addon makers have no obligation whatsoever to make any kind of patches to fix Win 7 related issues.
Some probally will for the sake of their customers, but they dont have to if they dont want to.

big-mike
October 26th, 2009, 09:35
A break---why?
They had a break for the last half year,when it comes more and more clearer,
that WIN7 is on the way and will be the next OS which will be the way to go.
During this months there was time enough to patch the Safir X.
Michael

falcon409
October 26th, 2009, 09:41
A break---why?
They had a break for the last half year,when it comes more and more clearer,
that WIN7 is on the way and will be the next OS which will be the way to go.
During this months there was time enough to patch the Safir X.
Michael\
Michael, you're preaching to the wrong choir here bud. Get over to the Sibwings website and make your anger known over there. It makes no difference what you think they should have been doing to produce a patch for the Safir. . .it appears they may be working on it and if and when they get it figured out they'll probably make it available for everyone like you who has Win7. In the meantime bitchin' about here is a waste of your time.

big-mike
October 26th, 2009, 10:01
Sorry that i`m misunderstood.
My only intension was to invite as many owners of this aircraft as possible,to post in the Sibwings-forum,
so that we can use this wonderful aircraft as soon as possible.
That`s all.
Michael

Bjoern
October 26th, 2009, 10:41
Guys, you *do* realize we're talking payware here, right?

Payware = (At least basically) care for customers (if you want to keep them).

:kilroy:

NoNewMessages
October 26th, 2009, 10:49
Guys, you *do* realize we're talking payware here, right?

Payware = (At least basically) care for customers (if you want to keep them).

:kilroy:

I agree 100% with this. I use XP, never made the switch (down IMO) to Vista. But when I made my installer packages I made sure a Vista user got a copy to see if there were any problems. If someone comes to me now and says the installers don't work in W7, I'll find a workaround. Because they are my customers. But..., and there's always a but, I would hope for some consideration that things do not happen overnight, nor with a pre-release version of a new operating system. Last thing I personally want to do is drop a couple hundred USD for a new OS, for a computer that will see little to no benefit from doing so.

I don't know of the developer for this plane, but I hope they do right by their customers. And I hope that the customers don't start hollering for the developer's hide three days past the official release date for W7.

falcon409
October 26th, 2009, 11:07
Sorry that I`m misunderstood.
My only intention was to invite as many owners of this aircraft as possible,to post in the Sibwings-forum, so that we can use this wonderful aircraft as soon as possible. That`s all.
Michael
Then that's all you really needed to say in your first post. Good luck. Hopefully the folks at Sibwings will take your concerns to heart and get the aircraft up and flying with Win7.

harleyman
October 26th, 2009, 11:25
Calm down guys...Not sure Michaels English is all that good...

I think you just need to ride the tide out at Sibwings till they get a patch Michael!

Bjoern
October 26th, 2009, 11:27
But..., and there's always a but, I would hope for some consideration that things do not happen overnight, nor with a pre-release version of a new operating system.

I think an announcement on the homepage that the issue is being worked on will get you almost all the time you need, so no worries about that.

JayKae
October 26th, 2009, 13:33
I know that the companies I am involved with and the freeware stuff I am involved in as well had a golden rule, no official support for Windows 7 until the official release, MS has a habit of changing some things last minute and if a patch was developed for a Beta or RC it might not have worked in the RTM, so now that the RTM has been released I am sure compatibility will follow soon in saying that, my Safir installed without a hitch and I know a few other people who also have had no problem with it as such. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I installed my Safir into my W7 well before the public betas even started.

Quixoticish
October 26th, 2009, 14:50
Edit : Ignore me.

big-mike
October 27th, 2009, 07:25
Calm down guys...Not sure Michaels English is all that good...

I think you just need to ride the tide out at Sibwings till they get a patch Michael!

So it is,have to excuse me for my poor english what i`ve learned 40years ago in school.:redf:
But i hope,the one or the other is able to understand me.
I have nothing against Sibwings,why should i?
I love,what they do and only want to use it also in WIN7,thatīs all.
It`s every time the same with me,when i install a new OS and something doesn`t work,then i`m like a rocket.
Sorry when i took the wrong words.
Michael

harleyman
October 27th, 2009, 08:14
So it is,have to excuse me for my poor english what i`ve learned 40years ago in school.:redf:
But i hope,the one or the other is able to understand me.
I have nothing against Sibwings,why should i?
I love,what they do and only want to use it also in WIN7,thatīs all.
It`s every time the same with me,when i install a new OS and something doesn`t work,then i`m like a rocket.
Sorry when i took the wrong words.
Michael

You are fine Michael...Some were quick to jump maybe...

Carry On..happy flying .....Have a :icon29: and a snitzel on me...LOL

Bjoern
October 28th, 2009, 11:05
I know that the companies I am involved with and the freeware stuff I am involved in as well had a golden rule, no official support for Windows 7 until the official release, MS has a habit of changing some things last minute and if a patch was developed for a Beta or RC it might not have worked in the RTM, so now that the RTM has been released I am sure compatibility will follow soon in saying that, my Safir installed without a hitch and I know a few other people who also have had no problem with it as such.

Longest sentence ever outside a Thomas Mann novel. :isadizzy:

JayKae
October 28th, 2009, 12:41
Yeah, I realised that after I had written it. Oh well, it gave someone some pleasure ;)

Bjoern
October 28th, 2009, 14:33
Oh well, it gave someone some pleasure ;)

Not me though, I was raging from the first comma to the last. ;)

harleyman
October 28th, 2009, 14:50
Not me though, I was raging from the first comma to the last. ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hush and get back to studying.....LOL

kdl
October 29th, 2009, 06:28
Just for info:
Alex of SW-Lab has just offered a SafirX W7 version for testing:
http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=549

big-mike
October 29th, 2009, 07:35
Thanks for the HU.
It`s working,have my Safir back!
Michael

Bjoern
October 29th, 2009, 09:57
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hush and get back to studying.....LOL

Oh, yeah...right...studying...*Whistles nonchalantly*

harleyman
October 29th, 2009, 14:22
Thanks for the HU.
It`s working,have my Safir back!
Michael

Glad to hear that.....:applause:

harleyman
October 29th, 2009, 14:22
Oh, yeah...right...studying...*Whistles nonchalantly*

Whats that...Oh,....bad words...Study! The thought makes me ill....LOL

Bjoern
October 31st, 2009, 12:37
Whats that...Oh,....bad words...Study! The thought makes me ill....LOL

Believe me, you will always have to study if you want to be the best. ;)

papab
November 3rd, 2009, 15:32
This post was over at Orbx:
Scroll down to the third from the last post for the link to the update
Hope this helps

Hi Guys,

For those of you that have this wonderfull Bird it has now been updated to run under Windows 7 32 or 64 bit.

Get it here...you will need to re download.

http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=549 (http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=549)

pbearsailor
November 13th, 2009, 06:32
I have just done a clean Windows 7 64 install and a clean FSX acceleration install and for some reason, the new safir.exe posted did not work for me. It would not activate.

I emailed Sib Wings about it, starting about a week ago, and got a response from Alex right away. I don't know why my system wouldn't work when others did, but I do know that Alex has worked on it with new exe's and code and I don't know what else with emails back and forth all week. The latest try this morning worked and the Saab is back in my FSX. :applause:

I really appreciate customer support like Alex and Sib Wings have given me. :ernae: I'll be happy to buy from them again. There are other developers out there I sadly can't say that about.

cheers,
steve