PDA

View Full Version : Removing Default AFCAD Files

Railrunner130
October 25th, 2009, 23:49
I have decided to reactivate an old airport. The real airport is still there and has occasionally been used. The problem is it has acquired a new ICAO code in the process.

How do I get rid of the default AFCAD? Otherwise, I'm stuck with overlapping airports.

IanP
October 26th, 2009, 00:28
Visually, it is very easy to do. The tool I use, for example (ADE), automatically puts in the exclusions to remove the default airport AFD components when you compile. Changing the ICAO at that point is not a problem, either. Simply change it in the airport properties and it'll be referred to by the replacement name inside the sim. The only issue is the 'create new flight' screen which, unlike elsewhere, uses the default airport name rather than the replacement one. You can get around this by placing a 'dummy' AFD file in scenery/world/scenery if I remember correctly. The forums at FSDeveloper.com have a number of descriptions on how to do that, so a quick search there might be of great help to you. I would send links, but am not 100% sure how to drive this darned Blackberry yet, to get them!

Railrunner130
October 28th, 2009, 22:32
Thanks.