PDA

View Full Version : SOH Douglas A-26 Invader

A26
October 26th, 2008, 16:58
Hi All,

I need help with SOH A-26 Invader!
I'm currently running operating system XP w/SP2 (I just downloaded) and found that SOH A-26 has a prop issue making the props appear as a disk. I had SP1 and it worked fine. I do remember there was a fix at one time for this issue, however it has slipped my mind were I had last saw it.

Thanks,

:banghead: a26 :banghead:

Lateral-G
October 26th, 2008, 18:48
Hi All,

I need help with SOH A-26 Invader!
I'm currently running operating system XP w/SP2 (I just downloaded) and found that SOH A-26 has a prop issue making the props appear as a disk. I had SP1 and it worked fine. I do remember there was a fix at one time for this issue, however it has slipped my mind were I had last saw it.

Thanks,

:banghead: a26 :banghead:

Acell/SP2 hosed up the A-26. AFAIK there is no fix currently. There were some threads prior to the crash and hack regarding upgrading the A-26 to FSX/Accel/SP2 standards but I forget now what the current status is.

Many of us are waiting desperately the fly the A=26 once again.......

-G-

A26
October 26th, 2008, 19:27
Hope is not a total lost. I just loaded the SOH B-26K Nimrod (Counter Invader). It seems to work ok other than some prop blurrrr. I'm wounding what the difference between the original Invader models versus later version. Maybe someone will TACKLE this in the near future. It is too bad the site crashed, we lost sooo much vital info.

Thanks for the Help......

a26

Milton Shupe
October 26th, 2008, 19:43
A26,

I think all that is required for the blurred prop texture is to darken the alpha channel from white to near black (30,30,30) (tweak to suit preference). I am attaching one here for you to try. Save it, rename it to spinprop.zip, then unzip it and then save the spinprop.bmp in one of your texture folders to try.

Sorry I do not have FSX SP2 to test it.

Also, you will need the revised model I posted in the A26 project forum to remove the DECAL from the original A26B/C released models (if you are having issues with a transparent nose section.)

Regarding the K model, lots of structural and panel differences and with changes made by Bomber_12th.

Milton

Milton Shupe
October 26th, 2008, 19:59
Acell/SP2 hosed up the A-26. AFAIK there is no fix currently. There were some threads prior to the crash and hack regarding upgrading the A-26 to FSX/Accel/SP2 standards but I forget now what the current status is.

Many of us are waiting desperately the fly the A=26 once again.......

-G-

Daniel was making great progress with redoing the original A26B/C gmax models for native FSX. However, the last I heard from him was in June when he sent some early pictures of results.

Milton

CG_1976
October 26th, 2008, 20:30
Hum???? I think I must have did something wrong.

Panther_99FS
October 26th, 2008, 20:33
You did nothing wrong...

Lateral-G
October 27th, 2008, 07:02
Daniel was making great progress with redoing the original A26B/C gmax models for native FSX. However, the last I heard from him was in June when he sent some early pictures of results.

Milton

Thanks for the update Milton. I knew some work was being done but I wasn't sure how much. I really miss the A-26 in FSX. Hopefully there will be more progress.

-G-

A26
November 5th, 2008, 08:08
Milton,

Thanks for the help, it works great. Does anyone know if there are any new repaints.
I have been hopng for ones for

LAS (Daisey Mae)

A-26C (Puss N Boots)

I do have pics......

Thanks,
a26

stansdds
January 31st, 2009, 07:21
Any updates on a full conversion of the outstanding SOH A-26 to FSX SP2? I've installed the modified FS9 version, but I cannot seem to start the engines manually and turning on the lights gives the cockpit some texture anomalies.

I found at least a partial solution to the starting issue over on the California Classics forum. Someone suggesting setting the normalized starter torque to 2.000. It works in the Cal Classics props and it works on the SOH A-26!!!! :applause:The only thing I am missing in the SOH A-26 start up routine is the starter energizer sound. The switch works fine and without activating it the engine will not crank, so it functions, but the sound is not present.

Any suggestions on how to get the energizer sound to work?:help:

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2009, 13:30
In FS9, the energizer.wav file was put in the FS9/Sound folder. Did you take it over to FSX?

In the A26 Panel folder is a A26B_Sound.cfg and an A26_engine_start.gau that must be present. Also, read the notes.txt in the panel folder regarding starts.

I am not sure that this engine start gauge works in FSX. D. Dawson would have to speak to that.

Hope this helps.

fliger747
January 31st, 2009, 15:24
My recollection is that Doug indicated that it was a FS9 gauge only.

T.

stansdds
February 1st, 2009, 04:54
Yes, the start gauge only works in FS9. I activated it in the cfg file in FSX and as soon as the A-26 begins to load into the sim, it crashes to the desktop, every time. I have the energizer sound in the sound folder within the A-26B folder and I've also tried putting it in the FSX sounds folder, to no avail.

Z-AZ1USN
April 12th, 2009, 15:47
I have issue with the A26 on ground taxi, it doesn't seem to be as responsive
to the left/right steering commands as other A/C. I will have to use the F11/F12 keys to get the plane to make the sharp left/right turns.
I've tried to incorporate differential steering into my saitek ST290
joystick. I dunno...it just seems like it should make the tighter turns
on ground taxi. Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

T/Y

Z-AZ1USN
April 12th, 2009, 15:50
A26,

I think all that is required for the blurred prop texture is to darken the alpha channel from white to near black (30,30,30) (tweak to suit preference). I am attaching one here for you to try. Save it, rename it to spinprop.zip, then unzip it and then save the spinprop.bmp in one of your texture folders to try.

Sorry I do not have FSX SP2 to test it.

Also, you will need the revised model I posted in the A26 project forum to remove the DECAL from the original A26B/C released models (if you are having issues with a transparent nose section.)

Regarding the K model, lots of structural and panel differences and with changes made by Bomber_12th.

Milton

I think in the FS9 version Banana Bob has come out with some excellent
prop textures for the A26/B26 series planes. Pretty nice....

fliger747
April 12th, 2009, 16:04
The A26 has a castoring nosewheel. It is necessary to use the brakes plus rudder to initiate a turn. Though many WWII nosedraggers are modeled with nosewheel steering, I am not aware of any that were so equipped, including the B-29!

T.

warchild
April 12th, 2009, 17:19
The A26 has a castoring nosewheel. It is necessary to use the brakes plus rudder to initiate a turn. Though many WWII nosedraggers are modeled with nosewheel steering, I am not aware of any that were so equipped, including the B-29!

T.

Now THATS a piece of info i didnt know.. Thank youuuuu.. ::pout:; anyone know what keys became the brakes in fsx after they reassigned f11 and f12???

Milton Shupe
April 12th, 2009, 19:09
Pam,

If you need to relinquish a bit of realism, you can always change the contact point 0 (nose gear) to be non-castoring. Instructions are in the contact point section.

Kind Regards

DennyA
April 12th, 2009, 19:42
Any idea if Daniel's still working on the FSX port?

Kiwikat
April 12th, 2009, 19:44
Any idea if Daniel's still working on the FSX port?

I believe he's still got the files if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he will be along later and can probably elaborate on that. From what I remember, it will be a full FSX version too, not a portover.

Seahawk72s
October 31st, 2009, 18:13
Hi,
I went back through the forum and see where some texture fixes had been uploaded to the library to get the A26 patched for FSX. A correction for prop blurs and holes in the fuselage.

When the library crashed it looks like those files went as well, any chance someone can upload them again or tell where else they might be located..?

Is there any information on the A26 having an FSX future..?

Thanks,

tc

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 19:11
I have mailed my dear friend Milton on the matter, an answer won't be long if I know him, he such a nice guy lets hope by the morning we have an answer because I'm a massive fan of his excellent work, Plus his Invader would not go a miss on my system either!

Milton Shupe
October 31st, 2009, 19:58
The holes were caused by the Decal capability on the nose. I removed them for FSX and posted those links in the A26 forum. I repeat that post here:

A26B and A26C Model Updates for FSX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These updates simply remove the decal from the nose sections to eliminate the transparency issues in FSX. These updates do not address props or other FSX SP2 issues. These four models are updates to the originally released models in the library.

A26B with guns: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/a26bx.zip

A26B without guns: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/a26bngx.zip

A26C with guns: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/a26cx.zip

A26c without guns: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/a26cngx.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BananaBob did a replacement prop texture for fS9 ... unsure if that works in FSX SP2:

http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=fbf154e93cfd020b03c2488d75b90264&start=25

If not, there are many here who have a replacement that might share it.

Regarding an FSX native version, Dan had the A26B/C nearly converted last June a year ago but I guess that got dropped for RW and payware priorities.

I hope this helps somewhat ... thanks for your interest.

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 20:23
i'm sure this will be a massive help Milton, thanks for the swift reply!

Roger
November 1st, 2009, 02:51
Here's a zip for Guns & prop bmps that I use in my ported A26 and a shot of Bob Rivera's photoreal. The zip file is attached at the bottom of this post.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/A26guns.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/A26bobrivera.jpg

Milton Shupe
November 1st, 2009, 02:59
Thank you Roger; I believe I will take advantage of your offer as well. :jump:

Roger
November 1st, 2009, 03:09
You're welcome Milton:ernae:

Has anyone sussed out the appearance of the gun-sight when any lights are switched on in vc view?

txnetcop
November 1st, 2009, 07:22
Hey Roger thank you Amigo for the prop and guns texturing. I love my A26 in FSX. Milton you da man!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Milton Shupe
November 1st, 2009, 07:52
You're welcome Milton:ernae:

Has anyone sussed out the appearance of the gun-sight when any lights are switched on in vc view?

Roger,

That is a modeling technique issue; I never got it working correctly in FS9 either. :isadizzy:

Seahawk72s
November 1st, 2009, 08:08
Milton & Roger, many thanks, this is truly a pleasure to fly..!
Peter, thank you for jump starting this..

tc

jojohnson9
November 1st, 2009, 11:45
Where can I download the B-26K?

peter12213
November 1st, 2009, 12:15
is there a way to get the yoke to show in the VC, also is there a way to give it nose wheel steering?

jojohnson9
November 1st, 2009, 13:49
Where can I download the B-26K?
I found it.

Seahawk72s
November 1st, 2009, 15:45
Milton,
Thank you for the XA-38...!
With the "spinprop.bmp" FSX texture the aircraft looks very nice in FSX Acceleration. Very impressive cockpit..!

Regards,

tc

Milton Shupe
November 1st, 2009, 16:08
is there a way to get the yoke to show in the VC, also is there a way to give it nose wheel steering?

Try the slash key " / "

Nose wheel steering, if you wish to sacrifice realism, see the aircraft.cfg, contact point 0 for a built in swap.

Roger
November 1st, 2009, 22:56
Milton,
Thank you for the XA-38...!
With the "spinprop.bmp" FSX texture the aircraft looks very nice in FSX Acceleration. Very impressive cockpit..!

Regards,

tc

Btw, the guns bmp for the A26 works for the Grizzly too.

Sieggie
April 10th, 2010, 17:12
Roger,

That is a modeling technique issue; I never got it working correctly in FS9 either. :isadizzy:

I think if you turn off the Luminos in the line (Image Name="N-9 GS BG.bmp" Luminous="No"/)
in A26 GS.xml in the panel, it will fix that problem. At least it did in mine.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

CheckSix
April 12th, 2010, 00:20
Like JoJohnson I am having probs findking the B-26K... Can anyone provide links? The Addon library is giving me fits, I cant understand why in FS2004 addons there are only 39 items and in FSX even less... Has the file library crashed or am I being ignorant some where?

Milton Shupe
April 12th, 2010, 04:39
Like JoJohnson I am having probs findking the B-26K... Can anyone provide links? The Addon library is giving me fits, I cant understand why in FS2004 addons there are only 39 items and in FSX even less... Has the file library crashed or am I being ignorant some where?

There are many issues at play in the old library. These database issues are being worked on by the admins and staff; it's just going to take some time.

CheckSix
April 12th, 2010, 06:59
Ahhh ok... Phew... Thanks Milton, I thought it was just my end. I know the wait is worth it.

Roger
April 12th, 2010, 10:41
I've re-attached the FsX guns and props as they seem to have vanished.

ZsoltB
October 10th, 2010, 09:35
Here's a zip for Guns & prop bmps that I use in my ported A26 and a shot of Bob Rivera's photoreal. The zip file is attached at the bottom of this post.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/A26guns.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/A26bobrivera.jpg

I would like to download this painting but the link no longer works

Zsolt

falcon409
October 10th, 2010, 09:49
Yea, that could be a problem. I believe NickC has some of Bob's work but I don't know if it's posted anywhere for download. Bob seems to have vanished again after a brief visit here about a month ago. There are some files still available thru the Warbird Archives here. Search using his name. Not sure that what you're looking for is in that group though.:salute: