PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Exec Repaints?

falcon409
October 25th, 2009, 22:38
I know the Spartan has had it's share of repaints since it's release, but what about "made for FSX" repaints? Anyone know of any that use the dds file format? I'm flying the Executive in the England to Australia Race over at RTW and wanted something other than the one gold version that was redone for FSX.

Railrunner130
October 25th, 2009, 22:45
I haven't messed with that airplane in a while, but you can convert the FS9 textures to FSX.

calypsos
October 25th, 2009, 23:13
Is the Northwestern FSX model just a portover??

Railrunner130
October 25th, 2009, 23:44
Sort of. I believe FSNW was able to acquire the model and import it into FSX. As I recall, the textures were converted to DDS format in the process.

SpaceWeevil
October 26th, 2009, 00:39
It's a proper conversion to FSX native from Milton's original source files, not a mere portover.

Daube
October 26th, 2009, 02:34
It's a proper conversion to FSX native from Milton's original source files, not a mere portover.
Absolutely, the Spartan is now a real NATIVE FSX SP2 aircraft, with self-shadowing, bump_mapped textures (lovely rivets), and a spinning prop that displays properly in front of clouds and autogen.
It is not a port-over.
Same goes for the Howard 500, not a port-over, real native aircraft.
The Beech D-18 is still a port-over, it has not been converted yet, but it works pretty well nevertheless.
Same for the Dash 7, but this one has some gauge problems.
The Puss Moth is a port-over as well, but works almost perfect.

SpaceWeevil
October 26th, 2009, 03:27
I know the Spartan has had it's share of repaints since it's release, but what about "made for FSX" repaints? Anyone know of any that use the dds file format? I'm flying the Executive in the England to Australia Race over at RTW and wanted something other than the one gold version that was redone for FSX.

If you look in the SOH repaint library under the author's name 'Roger' you'll find several nice Spartan paints modified by Roger to work with the FSX model.

falcon409
October 26th, 2009, 05:16
If you look in the SOH repaint library under the author's name 'Roger' you'll find several nice Spartan paints modified by Roger to work with the FSX model.
Thanks!:ernae:

LTCSZ
October 26th, 2009, 08:29
Where can I find the native SP2 FSX version? All I can find is the FS9 one...Thanks...

Steve

Dain Arns
October 26th, 2009, 08:48
Where can I find the native SP2 FSX version? All I can find is the FS9 one...Thanks...

Steve

http://www.fsnorthwest.net/

You'll have to register with them, and it's in the FSX Aircrafts folder of their Downloads sections on the site.

Glad I went there this morning, I forgot they have the FSX Fairbanks and FSX Valdez scenery released.

LTCSZ
October 26th, 2009, 09:04
Great! Thanks a lot...

Steve