PDA

View Full Version : New london gsl

Robert John
October 25th, 2009, 15:05
Hi just a quick note to say a new destroyable London landmarks object library with damage textures comeing soon.
The objects are
House of Commons,
Westminster Abbey
Battersea Power Station.
British Museum.
Buckingham Palace.
LON_19 Royal naval.
Hampton Court.
Kensington Palace
Royal Albert Hall.
St Pauls.
Tower Bridge.
Tower of London.
Nelson coloumn with park. With zbias to stop the polys flickering,but will need Flatten
switch. ( That took a bit of working out )
I have to learn about MW gob tools to make a gsl london landmark gsl. I have all the objects in position using bob2 river Thames.
Have to find away to put crash boxes around the objects.I know the info is in the ASM file but when I compile the ASM and the ASM_0 into library objects the objects disapear in cfs2, can someone give me some pointers.
Chat to you all soon.
Robert John.

Rami
October 25th, 2009, 15:07
Aw geez...I guess I'll have to update BoB again. :isadizzy:

Just kidding...great work! :ernae:

Ravenna
October 25th, 2009, 18:10
Robert, you have put in so much work to make London recognisable and realistic. Thank you. Now, if I take out Buck palace will I get a visit from MI5?:icon_lol:

CrisGer
October 25th, 2009, 19:35
Robert John, can i send you some barrage balloons to put in? and maybe some searchlights? then we can have the whole pie? sounds wonderful btw. I have really hoped we would get a really complete London..... it was so pitiful in the vanilla game i just got very sad...

crashaz
October 25th, 2009, 20:43
You the man Robert!!:applause::applause::applause:

Sorry I have not been in touch as I had a hard drive go bad.... knocked me back a few weeks.

Looks like you are goin just fine though buddy. :jump:

crashaz
October 25th, 2009, 20:45
BTW Robert... crash boxes are decided by the DP for that object... each object you have in that Library BGL must have a corresponding DP in the OBJECTSDP folder... to be seen in the sim.

They have a good DP tutorial here by CodyCoyote (sp?)

basically though... for the numbers... use the numbers you see in your GMAX measurements.

:wavey:

CrisGer
October 26th, 2009, 09:40
Got your PM Robert, will send on the lights, the balloons and some other stuff that may be helpful. Great to see this happening, a good full detail war timee cities are so important i think, and really add to the immersion.