PDA

View Full Version : Great gift

mfitch
October 25th, 2009, 14:58
After many schedule conflicts and weather delays, a present my wife arranged for me took place yesterday. She paid for a flight with a local flight training school. This place offers a 45 minute "would you like to be a pilot" flight. They walk you through the process from flight plan, to walk around, and through the simplest flight operations. Most of the operations are routine (turns, climbing, descending, slow flight). The most "exciting" was a stall, which is a bit easy in Cessna 152 (we lost less than 100 ft in the whole procedure).

Overall I think it was a great present for a simmer. Better yet, my wife is aware of the cost to earn a PPL, and she is moderately encouraging it. Its hard not to love a woman like this.

Chacha
October 25th, 2009, 15:28
Oh, that is awesome....

That was the best gift I received last Christmas...

I did my first Cessna flight in March this year, I did not have good picture, (my daughter was the one who took pictures and she took some pictures of me, not me on a Cessna...) :bump:

A very awesome experience....

Did you have pictures, mfitch?

TomSteber
October 25th, 2009, 15:29
My wife gave me two "gifts" like that that I have yet to be able use.
I've done it in the past a few times. Great fun. Lately it's been other commitments or the weather sucks! Hopefully soon. Their only good till mid December.