PDA

View Full Version : you are the only people

cheezyflier
October 25th, 2009, 13:53
that i know who would know the answer to this trivial question:

i was listening to the ventures "cruisin' machine" and some part of me knows that this song was used for a television show back in the day.
however, i can't remember which one.

anyone?

Chacha
October 25th, 2009, 15:03
was it Hawaii Five O

Snuffy
October 25th, 2009, 15:08
The ventures did do the theme song for Hawaii 5-0 ... but I don't think I've heard crusin machine ..

TARPSBird
October 25th, 2009, 15:11
The Hawaii Five-0 theme is the only TV soundtrack by the Ventures that I know of. You may be thinking of something by Mike Post, he's done themes for a whole bunch of TV shows.

FlyTexas
October 25th, 2009, 17:38
The only show that comes to my mind when I hear that song is 'The Rockford Files'. :redface:

Brian

cheezyflier
October 25th, 2009, 20:14
i bet ickie would know. i wonder where he might be...

Chacha
October 25th, 2009, 20:24
i bet ickie would know. i wonder where he might be...

... Dreaming :sleep:

cheezyflier
October 26th, 2009, 05:56
i can almost see it in my mind's eye.

some guy with tanned leather looking skin, possibly wearing a cowboy hat, looking back at the camera over the upturned collar of his coat at the end of the opening song/credits. may have been some sort of detective.

Dain Arns
October 26th, 2009, 09:49

some guy with tanned leather looking skin, possibly wearing a cowboy hat, looking back at the camera over the upturned collar of his coat at the end of the opening song/credits. may have been some sort of detective.

That rang a bell with me. Was this a B&W series or in Color?

In the meantime, everyone enjoy this very tasty live cover performance of "Wipe Out" by the Ventures, courtesy of YouTube:

T8__EwAT8VM

cheezyflier
October 26th, 2009, 12:41
color, i think it was early 70's

cool vid! ever hear of the "M" ventures? kinda cool too in their own strange way

GdKrULzNekU

Craig Taylor
October 27th, 2009, 08:24

The description makes me think of "McLoud" with Dennis Weaver - about a cop from somewhere out west working in New York City on some sort of exchange, I think. It was on in the early '70s, IIRC.

Dain Arns
October 27th, 2009, 09:12
The description makes me think of "McLoud" with Dennis Weaver - about a cop from somewhere out west working in New York City on some sort of exchange, I think. It was on in the early '70s, IIRC.

I thought of that too, but the theme for "McCloud" isn't the Ventures "Cruisin' Machine"...

FepgxmNDuZ4

(Might have to do a repaint on the Nemeth MD500-D like that one in the "McCloud intro..." :icon_lol: Actually Piglet's Loach would be better.)

Craig Taylor
October 27th, 2009, 09:23
Dennis Weaver didn't exactly have "tanned, leather-looking skin" either. :icon_lol: