PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow night.......

luckydog
October 25th, 2009, 12:29
MONDAY NIGHT SKY SHOW: When the sun sets on Monday, Oct. 26th, go outside and look south. Jupiter and the Moon are converging for a beautiful conjunction. The bright pair can been seen even through thinly-clouded skies and city lights. Don't miss it!

Toastmaker
October 25th, 2009, 13:03
Thanks - I'll look for it !

:kilroy:

cheezyflier
October 25th, 2009, 13:56
MONDAY NIGHT SKY SHOW: When the sun sets on Monday, Oct. 26th, go outside and look south. Jupiter and the Moon are converging for a beautiful conjunction. The bright pair can been seen even through thinly-clouded skies and city lights. Don't miss it!

i'll look, but i have doubts i'll see anything over the lights of this particular city.

Wing_Z
October 25th, 2009, 19:40
Will that be visible in the Southern Hemisphere night sky?
(The last 3 nights we've watched the ISS scooting along overhead - the last a great 4 minute traverse.
It's the most brilliant object after the moon, and man, it really motors! )

TeaSea
October 26th, 2009, 15:31
Raining like hell here....oh well.

Trans_23
October 26th, 2009, 16:04
Raining like hell here....oh well.

Same here! :mad:

stansdds
October 27th, 2009, 02:10
Thick overcast and rain here, pretty much the norm when anything spectacular is happening in the sky.

Snuffy
October 27th, 2009, 03:06
Yup. Missed it ... was overcast with 7/10s clouds all day and all night. :sleep:

Quicksand
October 27th, 2009, 18:45
Luckydog, thanks for the HU. I actually got see this phenomenon on my way to PA last night, and I was awed by how bright it was. I tried to snap a pic with my camera phone, but the results were horrible...

TeaSea
October 28th, 2009, 14:31
Oh sure....rub it in why don't ya!! :mixedsmi:

Enjoy it while you can Pennsylvania Boy. In a month you're going to be freezing your buns off and I'll still be running around in my SHORTS!!

Unless of course if you're just visiting PA on your way to the Bahamas...in which case....never mind.:pop4:

Glad you got to see it though....must have been neat.

Quicksand
October 28th, 2009, 14:47
It was cool, TeaSea.. Usually, I miss all the great stuff that the night sky has to offer, if only because my truck doesn't have a sun/moon roof. It's a good thing, though, because it keeps my eyes on the road....most of the time, anyway... I live in the NC mountains, so it's about the same as PA in temp... I wish I was on the way to the Bahamas, too. The bright spot is my work carries me to FL for much of the Winter and Spring, so I get to keep my shorts on most of the time, too. Heh,heh!

TeaSea
October 29th, 2009, 16:02
Excellent!:ernae: