PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Accessory Makers

LTCSZ
October 25th, 2009, 11:16
OK, call this silly if you want, but I'd buy it...(Of course, I also bought a Yugo)...I think it would be handy to have a control yoke in a much smaller size...Say, about the diameter of a CD...It could clamp or velcro onto a table much easier and would provide one handed operation just like a joystick, but with the precision of a yoke...Wouldn't need many extra buttons...Maybe a small throttle slider on one side and two trim buttons on the other...Remember; Size doesn't matter...

Steve in Kansas

paiken
October 25th, 2009, 11:41
I'm right there with you. I'd love a smaller yoke for using with my laptop...especially when I have the time for a quick flight, but no joystick/yoke to control with. Never could get the hang of flying with just the keyboard controls. Always overcorrecting and either overstressing the plane or "controlled flight into terrain".:icon_lol:

Kiwikat
October 25th, 2009, 11:57
OK, call this silly if you want, but I'd buy it...(Of course, I also bought a Yugo)...I think it would be handy to have a control yoke in a much smaller size...Say, about the diameter of a CD...It could clamp or velcro onto a table much easier and would provide one handed operation just like a joystick, but with the precision of a yoke...Wouldn't need many extra buttons...Maybe a small throttle slider on one side and two trim buttons on the other...Remember; Size doesn't matter...

I think the precision of a yoke comes partially from its size. It is a lot easier to manhandle than a smaller joystick, thus the precision.

I'd like a Yoke that is more easily and better mounted than the existing ones. I can barely fit the one I have now on my desk so it usually sits around gathering dust.

Piglet
October 25th, 2009, 17:25
Once saw a pic of a stick and throttle setup, in which the base looked no wider than a small keyboard itself. Can't remember the maker or where I saw it.:isadizzy: Looked to be a perfect companion for a laptop.
UPDATE
Just noticed Thrustmaster now offers a "T-Flight HOTAS" setup...