PDA

View Full Version : A380 airbus sale

olaf1924
October 24th, 2009, 16:11
The wilco A380 airbus is on sale for the next 48 hours at pc aviator. The aircraft is fifty % off the normal price. http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.php?productid=586

harleyman
October 24th, 2009, 19:08
Thats a great price for all you heavy flyers.... Thanks..:ernae:

jimjones
October 25th, 2009, 10:49
Not a bad price, but it comes nowhere close to the Captain Sim deal about Christmas time last year.

Kinda sorry I made the purchase, but there is good and bad in this deal.

Externally the model looks good, but there is too much reflection and shine, and no bump mapping. Paints are foreign, none of the most familiar USA paints.

Best part to me was the interior passenger cabin. Gives a sense of the A380 huge size. Only one level is modeled. With lights off, there is no night lighting in the passenger cabin. Two levels of VC lighting at night.

No internal shadows, no pilots from outside or in and the pilot cabin wall appear about a foot thick from the exterior.

I have problems with new planes and avionics. Happened with the Captain Sim 757, but eventually go tthe hang of it. Same with the A380. Can't seem to get the A/P speed, alt hold and V/S set to work. And the thrust levers have me baffled. They want to stick in the max position and cause the plane to go into overspeed. Probably just my not understanding how its supposed to work since I've not read the manual yet.

The VC appears rather unprofessional compared to CS. Only a few 3D knobs, and some of those are dummys. There seems to be a lot of capability available in the panels which will require some study to learn. FMC, EFIS etc.

As for FPS, it is slow. I tried the following planes over the ocean in clear weather to give a feeling how they compare:

Default Cessna 172: 155
Default A321: 100
Capatin Sim 757: 105
A380: 50

Over dense cities the A380 dropped to 10-15.

Sorry for the sparce detail about this plane, but I felt a little info might help others to decide before the 48 hrs is up.