PDA

View Full Version : Depressed - failed back ups

jameg
October 24th, 2009, 13:58
Well I've learnt the hard way and can only blame myself, but after suffering a hardware failure, I found out my back up had not worked and had lost all my flight sim purchases.

The last few weeks have been spent trying to re-download the files with varying success. I had never realised that there was such disparity between developers. For example, I had never taken time to notice the time limited download links, whilst others allow unrestricted time and number of downloads.

Some developers have been absolutely superb with almost immediate responses and have kindly reset the download links/activation. My sincerest thanks goes to A2A, FlightSim Store, Classics Hangar, and RealAir Simulations, all of whom helped greatly and I have no qualms in spending my hard earned cash with them again and fully recommend them to you.

Still waiting for a response from Skysim and VertigoStudios (frustrating as I love their F6F), and the good news is there were only two which I have left me feeling a little put out, First Class Simulations have lost my download link and can't reset it (?), and Just Flight have charged me £2.50 administration for resetting the number of activations.

Please check your backups of your purchases so you don't fall into the same pit of despair as me!

Cheers

James

harleyman
October 24th, 2009, 14:43
Thats to bad...

But you have to understand that all companies are just trying to protect against pirates....

Burn it all to disk....

Get the double DVDs...8 gigs each,

Nick C
October 24th, 2009, 14:52
Charging to reset a download is hardly an anti-piracy measure. penny pinching sods! :engel016:

harleyman
October 24th, 2009, 14:56
Charging to reset a download is hardly an anti-piracy measure. penny pinching sods! :engel016:

Yea...I totally agree , but was lazy and omitted that comment...:jump:

cheezyflier
October 24th, 2009, 15:04
Thats to bad...

But you have to understand that all companies are just trying to protect against pirates....

not all the time. some of those companies don't bother to answer email or monitor their forums.

jameg
October 24th, 2009, 15:24
Fantastic! Dean has been in touch and I'll soon be back in that fantastic F6F!!!