PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 install

hey_moe
October 24th, 2009, 02:04
Well I been busy trying to cheat or find a work around..lol. I went ahead and brought the professional version of Windows7. It comes with both 32 and 64 bit DVD's.Something I did notice different is before when installing XP or Vista when you did a clean install all ya had to do in doing the install of the update when it asked for your original disk of the OS all ya had to do was insert it in a drive and it copied the inf. file and then the install went on. For some reason you cannot do it this way on Windows 7. You have to have the OS already installed and then it will overwrite it. I went ahead and installed the 32 bit on one drive and the 64 bit on another drive, it was a piece of cake. I guess later on some of the geeks will figure out a work around so all ya have to do is just install the update without having the complete OS installed...lol. I have enjoyed Window7 from the start when it came out in beat. I already knew I was gong to update it when it was released. Best Buys has the Professional verison for around 200.00. I see the Ultimate Version at BB. I also noticed BB had the cheaper ones too...Mike

Ickie
October 24th, 2009, 08:19
when I buy when the funds are available, lol, I am buying the full install of ultra 64 I hate upgrades

Henry
October 24th, 2009, 08:29
i installed the beta over xp
and it backed up all files and put in a folder
i thought that was neat
but if i was going to install a new copy
i would probably to a format
i enjoy the beta
its on my back up machine to play with
H

GypsyBaron
October 24th, 2009, 10:14
-SNIP-
I guess later on some of the geeks will figure out a work around so all ya have to do is just install the update without having the complete OS installed...lol.
-SNIP-
...Mike

Have a look here:

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/

And here for the "install twice" info:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_upgrade_clean.asp

Paul ( not the 'Paul' in the blog )