PDA

View Full Version : Bry Rosier / Golden Age / SM.79 "Citrus Burst "

Bry Rosier
October 24th, 2009, 01:01
Leaving Mildenhall EGUN for Bucharest LRBS

Departing at 02:30 , hoping for a nice dawn on the way . Here starts a long day :)

Flying the Savoia Marchetti SM.79 tastefully and very quickly painted , by Arrvoo , in a particularly lively orange using half a dozen cans of lambourghini touch-up spray paint he had lying about :)

MM
October 24th, 2009, 05:50
Very nice subtle paint. Should be helfpul if you go down in the desert. And rumors indicate that the sharks of the Timor Sea are repelled by bright orange.

(Thought, at first, that you were testing a new camouflage scheme dreamed up by Italo Balbo.)

Bry Rosier
October 24th, 2009, 06:25
Arrived at Bucharest a little ahead of Schedule :) As anyone who tested this plane will know , it won`t make this distance on " Max chat " but I tested on different power settings and decided to "throttle back" and go for it :) A nice dawn awaited somewhere over old czechoslovakia :) and , apart from a few dead ndb`s , was a very nice first flight . Had a few "issues" with the ground crew at Bucharest :isadizzy: , I`ll explain in the Watering Hole :):wavey:

Bry Rosier
October 24th, 2009, 06:44
Quick Turnaround , Off to Baghdad ORBI with headwinds eeeek

Bry Rosier
October 24th, 2009, 12:04
Arrived safe and sound in Baghdad :) A complete lack of ndb`s enroute after Turkey , felt like being over the atlantic in evita again :o , But a big lake NW of baghdad served as a nice natural locator and gave a solid bearing to the airfield :)

piccies
1 A Barren featureless desert down there
2 A rather ordinary sky up there :)
3 A very welcome sight

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 01:30
After a nice rest overnight in Baghdad its an early start and heading down to OPGD Gwadar international :)

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 05:32
Long range NDB at Jiwani just come in range :) not long now

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 06:14
Successfully arrived at Gwadar OPGD , Excellent visability gave an easy approach and landing :) Relax for an hour or so then continue :)

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 08:43
Heading East to Allahabad VIAL

Vicious
October 25th, 2009, 08:48
Nice way to lay down the miles! :jump:

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 13:33
A nice calm flight to second Checkpoint Allahabad VIAL , Calm winds right on the tail all the way ,good strong NDB`s for nav and a right "pea soup" approach in Dusk , It gets dark early and fast here :)

Bry Rosier
October 25th, 2009, 13:47
Thanks Tom , unfortunately doesn`t have the range of the GB6 or comet :( but 1000 miles is long enough for me:mixedsmi:

Bry Rosier
October 26th, 2009, 01:49
Heading off Early in the morning for Rangoon , Burma , now Yangon Intl VYYY

Bry Rosier
October 26th, 2009, 06:04
Nice mellow flight with v. light tailwinds all the way , no wind drift and the long range Thangwe NDB made an easy water crossing , Weather turned for the worse making landfall and "typical Burmese storms" were the order of the day until close to the Airfield :) Smooth arrival at VYYY

Bry Rosier
October 26th, 2009, 07:53
Hot footing it to Singapore WSSL with a passenger , oh and a rather angry Bar manager chasing behind :jump:

Bry Rosier
October 26th, 2009, 12:44
Safe arrival at WSSL Checkpoint 3 , One of the most enjoyable runs ever :) About 400 miles of continuous tropical Thunderstorms . A wild ride needing "hands on stick" as heading hold couldn`t cope :) Thoroughly entertaining , and ironically clear skies and zero wind at Singapore:wiggle:

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 03:23
After a restful night we must continue :) Heading for WADA Selaparang on the Island of Lombok , next door to Bali

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 04:22
Oh dear "White Screen of Death " :( FSX total lock Time for a reboot and try again

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 04:55
Try again .. Heading to WADA

Vicious
October 27th, 2009, 06:25
I had a similar flight last night but Singapore was fogged in, wet and windy. Made for a rather exciting landing. :jump:

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 09:04
Safe Landing at WADA :) spent most of the flight anticipating another FSX crash but no :)

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 10:58
After a quick stop its off to Darwin YPDN . A few pints of Tooheys is just way too tempting at the moment . I hope they`ve got plenty :)

Bry Rosier
October 27th, 2009, 14:59
Hello Australia :) Safe Arrival at YPDN :) Relax time . Nice easy flight with a light tailwind as a bonus :)

Bry Rosier
October 29th, 2009, 11:34
Pushing on down to YCCY Cloncurry with FTX and Ozx Scenery :) Hope the video card holds up

Bry Rosier
October 29th, 2009, 13:22
Fsx just locked up :( cloncurry will have to wait for another day

MM
October 29th, 2009, 13:31
Double Ouch. :banghead:

(Are you running Active Sky Advanced as well as the rest of the "required" programs? I am very curious about what is causing lockups!)

Bry Rosier
October 29th, 2009, 13:40
FSX just came back to life , I left it on with white screen in horror , reconnected duenna and it is running about 8 min behind flight time on my clock with an error 1??? I`ll carry on as about an hour to go , and if duenna looks bad then I`ll refly it

Bry Rosier
October 29th, 2009, 13:42
Running active sky X mike but I activated the FTX scenery and it hits the framerates hard ..... too hard in this case

Bry Rosier
October 29th, 2009, 15:13
Arrived at YCCY after a bizarre flight . FSX locked with White screen and unresponsive for about 8-9 mins , Instant disconnect of duenna , then FSX came alive and hit connect button on duenna and continued to YCCY , duenna shows obvious errors and although showing complete still displays enroute on tracker :) I think I will re-fly this another day

Bry Rosier
November 4th, 2009, 01:38
Okay after a little rest for a few days in Darwin it time to continue :) Darwin to Cloncurry YPDN-YCCY

Bry Rosier
November 4th, 2009, 04:50
Safe arrival at Cloncurry , A nice easy flight , crosswind all the way only little driftmeter adjustments needed :)

Bry Rosier
November 4th, 2009, 05:03
Will Continue down to Charlesville YBCV after a quick cup of tea and a top up of Fuel :)

Bry Rosier
November 4th, 2009, 07:10
Safe and sound at Charlesville , simple little flight , drifted a little bit from not concentrating :) but confident the CV ndb would bring things back . Going to rest here a little while to prepare for the last leg :)

Bry Rosier
November 7th, 2009, 10:04
Hopefully the final leg of the Golden Tour of Citrus :/ YBCV-YMEN Essendon

Precision Guestimate of 3:00 hrs on the nose :)

Bry Rosier
November 7th, 2009, 13:23
Well the Golden Age run for the Citrus has come to an end :) A nice little flight , right up to essendon , Winds of 330 @25 dictated a RWY 35 approach so I set up to turn in a few miles past and time a good landing . Active Sky decided to have some fun with the winds and threw a 278 @ 34 on short final which made getting her down a lot more lively than anticipated and also hurt my time for landing :( Still a landing you walk away from is a happy one :) If I wasn`t so hell bent on the precision time i would have missed approach and gone for 26 but thats pressure for you :) Really enjoyed this challenge , Many thanks to the organisers:ernae:
I wonder if anyone has done it in the Aircreation Microlight and I wonder how long it may take :) Have i got a spare month??? maybe not:jump: Thanks all Flight time 3:01 and 51s

Great Ozzie
November 7th, 2009, 13:41
Woooooooooo hooooooooooo Bry! :ernae: Glad to see you here and Well Done! :jump:

Vicious
November 7th, 2009, 15:01
Congrats on a great race!!! :ernae:

Too bad for the high winds at the end, but that's what makes these races exciting. It looks like you might have made the under minute mark in the precision portion if they hadn't come up.

teson1
November 7th, 2009, 16:29
That sounded interesting till the end. At least you won't forget your last leg of the MacRobertson so quickly. :d
Congratulations. :applause:

donlimpio
November 7th, 2009, 16:40
Congratulations! Well done and a great race.

Moses03
November 7th, 2009, 19:59
Good show Bry. :ernae:

MM
November 8th, 2009, 06:13
Excellent!

If you leave that SM.79 on the tarmac, we won't need lights. ;)

Bry Rosier
November 9th, 2009, 03:49
Thanks for the kind comments Guys , What a great Event :)

Now time to hot -foot back to Mildenhall in something a little more lively and modern and Take the covers off the Cirrus in preparation for the Modern approach :)

EdGeneer
November 9th, 2009, 12:04
Congtrats Bry!!! Welcome to Melborne....

Yes, its time to fly soemthing modern 'back home' :)

My flight is almost done.... I began....

727-200 from Melborne to Sydney
747-400 from Sydney to SanFrancisco, but had to divert to Hawaii for fuel miscalculation (I swore I put in enough, but the FMC kept screaming at me i was low, so I diverted)
757-200 from Hawaii to KSFO
757-200 from KSFO to KSEA, (I used to live in Tacoma, so needed to visit (grin)
747-400 From KSEA to KBOS, Dusty had critical gear failure on landing with his PMDG MD11 so he crashed after the long flight, then his sim crashed too, double whammy, lovely.... my landing was great, but the heavy plane full of passengers and cargo used the whole runway to slow without burning the brakes too hot!!!

contemplating using the dreamfleet baron58 or carenado seneca, probably the seneca from KBOS to KGFL (HOME!!!)

Good Luck to all on the respective trips home in the modern a/c (with as much glass in the cockpit, i see... hahahah) :running:

donlimpio
November 9th, 2009, 12:27
ha, guess we're all doing the same thing.

Though I'm thinking of maybe taking the Beech for another ride a bit further north to Papua New Guinea for some holidays. Then it's back to my virtual home in the bahamas in the not quite so new DF 727, well flying with the glass inside.

But aside Milton's Beech that must be my favourite bird and you got to see a lot when flying around the globe, I once nearly stretched a leg too far, had to do a straight idle decent from cruise level to cover the last 130 miles. If I remember correctly after shutdown I had around 200 pounds left in each tank, that would have been a good more minute in the sky.

Again great flying guys and maybe see you all around for the next big event.
best
olli

Haitun
November 10th, 2009, 16:23
Cingrats, Bry!

bpfowler
November 10th, 2009, 16:38
nice work!:medals: