PDA

View Full Version : For Alex; aka GrunauBaby

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 17:00
Hey Alex,

You probably already have these. They 'should' be new, from the latest Frankfurt carshow in Germany.

:d

Bill

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 17:04
oops.. Forgot one.

Bill

Matt Wynn
October 23rd, 2009, 17:04
which one do you want? i'm not fussed i'll distract either while you make a move :icon_lol: i forgot to look at images of Frankfurt motorshow, thanks for the reminder Bill :ernae:

Matt Wynn
October 23rd, 2009, 17:12
wowee! the new suzuki looks quite nice! you've done it now Bill.... my car appetite has increased again, some real stunners at that show, and some nice cars too :jump:

Wing_Z
October 23rd, 2009, 17:58
Wow you don't think BMW is taking us back to the future "Fast"???

Lionheart
October 25th, 2009, 00:09
Wow you don't think BMW is taking us back to the future "Fast"???

Nope. I dont see the similarities, lol... That 5 series has the engine in front, and also looks a bit like the Aston Marton Vantage in the nose rather then the usual Bimmer. They have always had their own special themes with their headlights. Looks like they might journey away from their normal paths.

Bill

Wing_Z
October 25th, 2009, 02:29
I was thinking more in terms of styling disaster ;)
I truly hated the "fastback" look when it was in vogue - thought it looked like something someone's grade-school child had drawn on a picture of a real car, to make it look "faster"!

German styling comes and goes...Mercedes is also having a bit of a dry spell at the moment. I guess that will improve once they lose the Chrysler DNA.

Post Chris Bangle, it'll be interesting to see where Bee-em go.
I hope it's not too far into the fastback zone.

grunau_baby
October 25th, 2009, 04:49
Thanks Bill,

letīs get ridd of a common prejudice: I do not collect īem, not really at least, well...ehem!:kilroy:

Anyway, I do prefer the strict lancia-teacher look of this yearīs IAA (my wifeīs a teacher...):engel016:

The last one is for C9G!

Alex

grunau_baby
October 25th, 2009, 05:05
When it comes to cars my personal highlights of the IAA - however there were only very few IMHO - were these:

That Citroen-concept is great as is the small new VW-concept (long past overdue in my opinion). The new Saab finally brings back Saab-styling and the Ferrari Italia, well what can you say...:applause:

Alex

Bjoern
October 25th, 2009, 15:33
The Saab looks nice. New 9^3 or 9^5?

And screw the Lancias, I want the girls! :applause:

TeaSea
October 25th, 2009, 15:48
The school girl thing is just a little creepy......

Okay, it's very creepy....:kilroy:

Lionheart
October 25th, 2009, 16:29
The school girl thing is just a little creepy......

Okay, it's very creepy....:kilroy:

I think they are copying the Japanese on that.

I didnt realise they were going after that look. I thought it was the sexy intelligent secretary look.

Bill

grunau_baby
October 25th, 2009, 22:03
And screw the Lancias, I want the girls!
What a prase! mmmmhhhhh? Vice versa, or whot...?:isadizzy:
(I always take the car, there have to be rules;-):monkies:

BTW: itīs the new Saab 9-5, it actually shares the platform with the Opel Insignia

I thought it was the sexy intelligent secretary look.
Thatīs what itīs supposed to be. But I also found the styling of the show a bit peculiar and odd.

Alex

cheezyflier
October 26th, 2009, 05:58
for me, there are just too many reasons why the car is the better choice over the girl. :icon_lol:

kilo delta
October 26th, 2009, 07:09
Hmmmm....I'd take the girl over the car any day:173go1: ;P

kilo (casanova) delta :icon_lol:

Bjoern
October 26th, 2009, 11:18
What a prase! mmmmhhhhh? Vice versa, or whot...?:isadizzy:

Naaaah.

If I won a car in the lottery right now I'd sell it in any case. My bicycle and the Bahn gets me everywhere I need.

Hmmmm....I'd take the girl over the car any day:173go1: ;P

kilo (casanova) delta :icon_lol:

Great minds...lol.