PDA

View Full Version : Ka-50 heheheee

heywooood
October 22nd, 2009, 19:54
so I got DCS BlackShark for free ....and I like it somewhat :kilroy:

quite a systems platform and a great 'pit

Scratch
October 22nd, 2009, 20:28
Yeah, that Russian whirlybird is quite a handfull, but I really like that sim.

heywooood
October 22nd, 2009, 21:04
I just got it yesterday so I'm still poking around - but it has a nice mission / campaign builder - very similar setup to Lomac's so thats good for me as I had gotten quite familiar with that one.

early morning, low level seek and destroy missions will be a real hoot mon in this agitated, malignant machine of war :ernae:

the best news is that I can run it at medium settings rather well - and DCS/BS medium settings are miles ahead of Lomac even with all the addons

the update to 1.01 was a nice improvement over the orig. release too...got a decent FPS bump from it.

empeck
October 22nd, 2009, 23:59
I love this sim.

I really miss autohover and trim in FSX helicopters :173go1:

centuryseries
October 23rd, 2009, 01:44
so I got DCS BlackShark for free ....and I like it somewhat :kilroy:

quite a systems platform and a great 'pit

How come free - are they giving it away?

Boomer
October 23rd, 2009, 03:54
I love this sim.

I really miss autohover and trim in FSX helicopters :173go1:
+1 I really love this sim & still fly it a couple times a week.

heywooood
October 23rd, 2009, 05:26
How come free - are they giving it away?

well...not really free - my creditcard has a rewards system that I just discovered has access to pc and console game titles - got DCS and the Twin Otter from Aerosoft using the points I had accrued

stiz
October 23rd, 2009, 06:12
i've been tempted to buy it ... but is it playable with a twisty stick or is it like 3/4s of the realism stuff which relys on pedals? :engel016:

empeck
October 23rd, 2009, 06:15
I don't have pedals, just x52 with rudder in stick. It's fun.

Bjoern
October 23rd, 2009, 11:05
Biggest drawback of this sim and it's "predecessor" Lock-On: No dynamic campaign.

empeck
October 23rd, 2009, 11:35
I haven't even started the campaign :wiggle:

Flying is pure fun ;)

MCDesigns
October 23rd, 2009, 12:04
I haven't even started the campaign :wiggle:

Flying is pure fun ;)

I agree, still haven't started a campaign, but I probably have 50+ hours in it. It has some neat camera features and gameplay. I got it because of Boomers raving and found that it had an easy mode which helped me learn the controls much faster than I ever did with Lockon. Graphics are superb as well.

JIMJAM
October 23rd, 2009, 12:40
Its funny to me that I just saw this thread and I deleted Blackshark just this morning.
My hd is getting full and I did the "what dont I play or use anymore" elimination.
Its a great sim and seeing there are ZERO other heli sims or otherwise I can say its the best. However, it did seem like I spent more time looking up keyboard commands than actually flying. I needed a Saitek X500 and 3 keyboards for this systems monster.
It was like the Ghost Recon of flight sims. The ai was brutal.

BOOM
October 23rd, 2009, 13:16
I'm looking forward to DCS's next installment.....The A-10C Warthog!!!
Nice pics heywood!!!:medals:

Boomer
October 23rd, 2009, 13:35
seem like I spent more time looking up keyboard commands than actually flying. .

You just need a good stick.

I made a great profile for my TM Cougar that the only time I had to look at the keyboard ironically enough was to raise the gear.
It is such as a systems monster that all other buttons (including shifts & the 3 modes) were used.

empeck
October 23rd, 2009, 14:14
You just need a good stick.

I made a great profile for my TM Cougar that the only time I had to look at the keyboard ironically enough was to raise the gear.
It is such as a systems monster that all other buttons (including shifts & the 3 modes) were used.

Exactly. With my x52 I rarely use a keyboard. Besides, I'm big fan of clickable cockpits.

JIMJAM
October 23rd, 2009, 14:19
I have the full X52/rudder setup with Saitek keyboard. The x500 I said I needed was a joke since the shark has about 500 commands where as the 52 ..Shoooosh
For what ever reason I kept having alot of my saved profiles getting either screwed up or erased. That just added to the frustration. This is one sim that you gotta get your head into and jump in every few days. If it were a Apache I might have more confortable. Yeah I am also really looking forward to the hog but concerned how the performance is going to suffer going from a heli to a slow jet. Its not as systems heavy as the shark so maybe it will be about the same. I also would like some solid trees. Another nice feature would be..........

empeck
October 23rd, 2009, 14:28
Another nice feature would be..........

Full multicore and 64bit support :ernae:

empeck
October 23rd, 2009, 15:03
Few from me. Without antialiasing, I know, sorry.

Scratch
October 23rd, 2009, 16:45
Nice clean up job on that convoy!