PDA

View Full Version : In Memorium-my cat mach

dsawan
October 22nd, 2009, 15:15
Found ou my pet mack passed away today while I was in work. Sad thing was I could not be there in his dying hour. he died of kidney disease and cancer. the vets could do nothing for him other than his mouth infection which had returned. i have a feeling dry food was to blame for this, although the vet said nothing about dentla hygiene or what we shd do. A year ago he was healthy. then in september until today, hew was seiing vet but with no treatment for kidneys. he was almost 9 yrs old. Rest in peace my friend. looks like I wont be gaming for a bit. http://forum.combatace.com/public/style_emoticons/default/this.gif http://forum.combatace.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Salute.gif

OBIO
October 22nd, 2009, 15:23
Sorry to hear of your loss, dsawan. Take time to grieve...

OBIO

Bill Kestell
October 22nd, 2009, 15:31
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We have two and a puppy. Timothy Robin is 12 ... Nora Louise is 8. Both were strays that crossed our path and found their family. The puppy is Charlotte Rose 4-1/2 ... and much of her behavior is very cat-like because they both helped raise her from 8 weeks on.

We've had two other dogs over 40 years (but have only been without one for 1 of those years) and I know how this must be for you. If it helps at all, just remember that you gave him the best life you possibly could and I have no doubt that he knew that. Also ... while it might be too soon to consider ... there are other cats (and kittens) out there who are in need of that same love and the most wonderful thing you could do would be to open your heart when you're ready and bring one of them into your family.

Bill

MaskRider
October 22nd, 2009, 15:34
Sorry to hear it dsawan. My condolences to you. You've lost a very dear friend today, I know. If Mack was anything like all the kitties that have passed thru my life then I know he was a sweet old guy who always tried his best to make sure you were happy- so he isn't holding it against you that you weren't around when he passed on to his happy hunting grounds.

RIP Mack.

dsawan
October 22nd, 2009, 16:33
thx, guys. yep, I am grieving a bit as i dont think I spent a lot of time with him as I would have liked. i work 2 jobs to make a livin. one day and one overnight for days. I have no borthers or sisters and all my cousins an dso live farther away from me. i live by myself and am in the process of moving still. I wanted to take him to the new place but it takes 2 people to give antiobiotics and he was ill. i plan on getting a kitten soon.

Hern07
October 22nd, 2009, 17:17
My thoughts are with you. I lost Nikki, an all-American mutt, about a year ago and still miss her. All dogs (and cats) go to heaven. :engel016:

CrisGer
October 22nd, 2009, 17:33
I am sorry about Mack, he was lucky to have you and I know from your description that he had a very happy life with lots of love. I understand. My cat Max passed away two yrs ago after 14 years, many of those i could not even see him as i was on the road. He died happy and well and had a great life. I created a digital version of him so I could have him with me in my explorations of virtual worlds..... and I hope you realize that the spirit of your Mack will be watching out for you and for his new brother/sister, when you get the new kitten. All the best to you and it is good to share this sort of thing with brothers like us. thank you.

My Max:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6219/1212xx.jpg

this was the memorial pic i made

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1381/1414p.jpg

dsawan
October 22nd, 2009, 17:48
Thx, crisger:icon29:

jbtate
October 22nd, 2009, 19:10
Thoughts and prayers -- I'll give my cat, Amelia, some pets for Mack.
jbtate

CrisGer
October 22nd, 2009, 19:44
dsawan, i added Mack to the picture so he has company on his trip. He will be fine...and wll watch over you. Cats are our guardians. Esp the ones who love us.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1500/peacetothecats.jpg

HighGround22
October 23rd, 2009, 15:39
My wife and I've had two (give or take) of the little "fur persons" around us for the full 40 years we've been married. Which means, of course, we've seen a good number of them pass away.

But they've always been replaced by another, and with each "changing of the guard", we seem to learn better how to love and appreciate the little guys, while also learning how to better show our affection for them.

So the natural result of these wonderful relationships is that we're closer to each new guy, as he is to us. Which is pretty doggone nifty and satisfying, in my view.

I think I'd turn into a terrible insomniac if I didn't have a little purring, sweet-smelling ball of fur curled-up next to me each night!

Here's to Mack, Dsawan.

dsawan
October 23rd, 2009, 15:57
thx, guys. You truly are like family. My dad and I plan on toorrow going to get a kitten in Norwood,MA. He was upset about the loss too as he took care of him while I in work during his sickness. Chrisger, thx for the addition to the pic. Cheers.

Devildog73
October 24th, 2009, 03:21
Yeppers dsawan, we all get attached to our pets like family!

We have a little ole munchkin cat, Nalah that we got from our daughter's friends in the USAF. They were PCSing to a location that would require quarantine, so they gave her to us several years ago. What a wonderful addition to our family! She is a wonderful little cat. When it is her time to cross over, we will indeed miss her, as you miss Mack.

OBIO
October 24th, 2009, 06:23
WARNING WARNING WARNING:

This is going to be a rather lengthy post..didn't begin it to be that way...but it has taken on a life of its own.

On a personal note....I lost Spud, the dog in my avatar, 3 years ago come January 14th. I only had Spud in my life for 14 short months and he was only 17 months old. He was stricken by a suddenly and severe onset of cluster seizures...the worst type of seizures for a dog to be hit with. Very few survive the first episode. I stil cry over that dog....and am getting all teary already just typing this. Spud was my BOY!

Spud's death hit me HARD. My grandfather passed away a few months before Spud, and Spud's death hurt me a lot more than my grandfather's (sad but true).

February 2008....Deb, my loving and impulsive wife, surprised my one Wedneday morning with a puppy...a tiny 1.1 pound female Chihuahua. Now, I can't stand Chihuahuas...small, shakey, rat-looking dogs. I don't mistreat them when I am around them, but I wouldn't pick one as my dog. But, there she was...a Chihuahua, with light tan fur, a long crown of hair running down the back of her neck that looked like a donkey's mane, liver colored nose, lips and foot pads. And hazely brown eyes with little hints of green around the outside edges. She reminded me of hazel nut flavored coffee creamer...so she got named Hazel. That little 1.1 pound girl quickly captured my heart and my respect. She is now my BABY GIRL. She goes nuts when I call her that....Baby Girl.

Spud has characteristics that made him a great dog and a horrible dog. He was super intelligent and could learn anything in a very short time. This made him a great dog...but it also made him a horrible dog. He would use his smarts to figure out ways to get us to stop watching a movie or what ever we were doing that prevented us from paying attention to him or to play with him. Like running into the bedroom and pulling the king size comforter, flat sheet and fitted sheet from the bed in one pull. then drag the entire bedding set into the living room and expect us to chase him around the house to get it back. Spud, being part Basenji, had a lot of vocalizations that he would use. A lot of vocalizations...chirps, warbles, yammering, odd yodel like sounds. This made him a great dog because he used those vocalizations to show his affection, to welcome us home. This also made him a horrible dog because he would go crazy with the yodeling when I was trying to have a conversation with my wife, when trying to talk on the phone.

Here's the whole meaning of this post. Pets sometimes are reincarnated and come back into our lives.

After just a few days of Hazel being in our lives, Deb made the statement that she was Spud reincarnated. She is super intelligent just like he was..and she learns things quickly as a result. And she finds ways of her own to get us to play with her...like running off and coming back with one of my shoes or my fish towel (a natty old towel I use to clean up the watery mess I make while cleaning my fish tanks). She is very vocal, with a slew of noises, yodels and thoaty murmerings that she uses to greet us when we come back home, to tell us that she is happy, and to antagonize her "brother" Brutus (12 pound Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix) into chasing her around the house.

Deb has said it many times, and I'm sure she will say it many more times over the course of Hazel's life...that Spud missed being my BOY so much that he came down from Doggie Heaven and became a female Chihuahua just to get back to me. Is it true...I can't say for sure, but it definitely feels that way when I am laying on the couch watching TV and Hazel jumps up on my chest and looks at me that certain way....with love and comfort filled eyes...just like Spud would do. I do believe that my BOY is now my GIRL.

___

Sometimes, I do believe, that our beloved pets can and do come back to us in the body of another animal companion...not all of them do, just the ones that were extra special and with whom we had an extra strong bond.

____

OBIO

OBIO
October 24th, 2009, 06:31
Hazel...aka Spud Reincarnate

Then: February 2, 2008. 6 Weeks old, 1.1 pounds

Now: October 17th, 2009. 1 year, 10 months old, 8 pounds

HighGround22
October 24th, 2009, 13:10
. . . Sometimes, I do believe, that our beloved pets can and do come back to us in the body of another animal companion...not all of them do, just the ones that were extra special and with whom we had an extra strong bond. . . .
I can certainly attest to that! It's happened on several occasions with us: a while after a "near-and-dear" pet dies -- a month, a year -- a "reincarnated" version enters the scene.

Here's the spookiest one that happened to us:

A mackerel tabby we'd had for 14 years went to the happy hunting ground. Typically, we had him cremated and his little urn was placed with the other (to be buried with us when the time comes; yeah, I know, but we're very sentimental about our fur-guys).

About a month later, on a rotten-weather day (snow, sleet, freezing rain) my wife tossed the usual "edible garbage" out for the crows. A few minutes later, she saw a black cat (BC) out there gnawing on the frozen garbage. What the heck was a scrawny black cat doing out on a vile day like that!?!

So the Missus put a bowl of kibble out for BC, but he'd gone by then. However, the bowl was empty in the morning.

Later that day, I looked out to see BC sitting on the window ledge. We opened the door and he strolled in and headed up the stairs. On the way, he passed the other cat, who glanced at him as though to say, "Oh, hi, you're back, I see".

BC proceeded straight into the kitchen, jumped-up on the counter (where the tabby always went for treats) and just looked at us, expectantly. So I got out the treats and gave him a few. He acted like the donation was "only natural", meet and just.

And of course he's stayed here in the house since that day, seven years ago (All our cats are "indoor" cats), and it was like he knew everybody from the get-go.

But the thing of it is, he has all the characteristics of the tabby: the way he plays, interacts with the other cats, even down to his abject gluttony. He's a moxie cat -- one of the smartest we've had -- and probably the most affectionate of the lot!

And by the bye, we modified his name to "Beecie", with the accent on the first syllable. Moreover, Beecie's probably my Numbah-Wun Buddy -- just like the tabby had been.

[ Whew! Geez, is it me, or is it getting a bit schmaltzy in here!?! It's all *your* fault, Obio -- you got me going! ]

Oops! He must've sensed I was talking about him. He's here for some "lap time".

Kofschip
October 25th, 2009, 12:34
My condolances dsawan. It is always very hard to lose a pet. At my age I have lost a number of cats and dogs in my life time that I dearly loved and I remember every one vividly. My last cat is a Maine Coon cat, she just turned one year old and you can see her in my avatar. Her name is Mieke, the same name that my first cat had 65 years ago. My wife and I cannot live without spoiling and loving a pet.

HighGround22
October 25th, 2009, 15:16
. . . My wife and I cannot live without spoiling and loving a pet.
Sounds like there are a few of us cut from the same cloth.

Kofschip
October 25th, 2009, 16:11
Sounds like there are a few of us cut from the same cloth.

Yep and I am glad that there are quite a few of us.

bretnutz
October 26th, 2009, 13:42
Hi,

I too am very attached to my pets....a Golden named Molly and a cat named Maxmillion...
we did have another cat named Mewsette be we had to give her up due to her peeing in the house.
So It almost broke my heart to give the little girl (mewsette).....

Hals und Bein Bruch
October 26th, 2009, 21:10
... on his next assignment...:applause:

Eoraptor1
October 27th, 2009, 14:44
People who haven't been through this don't understand how attached you can get.

JAMES

dsawan
October 31st, 2009, 08:12
Hi, thx for all the support. Just got my new cat Meadow Tuesdya night. She is a Calico at 6mo's and is very frisky. she's playful and runs all over the place. took her to vets this morning and was told she is healthy. Giving her wet food instead of dry and tartar control snacks and soon a dental rinse to prevent infection. She loves her new home. she is the one on the left of pic.

Bill Kestell
October 31st, 2009, 09:19
:ernae: GOOD FOR YOU!:engel016:

CrisGer
October 31st, 2009, 09:53
:ernae::ernae: Congrats to the new Recruit! looks great! lucky kitties for such a happy home. Very glad for you.

dsawan
October 31st, 2009, 13:10
thx.