PDA

View Full Version : Race weekend here...

Cazzie
October 22nd, 2009, 06:09
Rain expected Saturday for the truck race, Sunday iffy. I don't care, I got a $40.00 seat and if it rains, I'll go back Monday and sit in a $100.00 seat! :icon_lol:

It's a Jimmie Johnson track, Hendrick track anyway, especially now that Rusty's retired.

Goodyear blimp has been in Danville since Tuesday and been flying day and night around town. Beautiful weather we have had the last three day, all of which is to end sometime between tomorrow night and Saturday morning when the rain moves in. Blimp may be grounded.

Caz

Ferry_vO
October 22nd, 2009, 06:51
Have fun Cazzie, and bring back some photos if you can!

:applause:

eddie
October 22nd, 2009, 15:57
Have a good time Caz!

BTW, ever seen this site before? Takes a bit to load for the first time, but might bring back some memories?

http://racersreunion.ning.com/

stansdds
October 22nd, 2009, 16:41
What will you be wearing, I'll look for you on the tv. :icon_lol: Have fun!

Cazzie
October 22nd, 2009, 16:59
What will you be wearing, I'll look for you on the tv. :icon_lol: Have fun!

Warm clothing probably. :icon_lol:

Look for a Fed-Ex jacket and blue jeans, but I won't be the only one wearing the same outfit, Denny Hamlin is a homeboy.

Looks now like Sunday may be real nice, partly cloudy and highs in the low 60s. Perfect race weather. Gonna arrive with my pard Larry around 7:30 and tail gate until 30 minutes before race start, then go in. We're taking a grille, some beverages of choice, some good brauts. turkey, saugages, etc. and will meet some more old timers and young timers at our usual parking area. Probably be at least 40 to 50 of us hootin' and rebel yellin' by race time. Lies will be told. :icon_lol:

Yeah, I'm a member there eddie, matter of fact went to that reunion in August, Hillsborough is only an hour drive south. I visited the old Occonochee Speedway a month ago and did a hike around the old track brought back very fond memories.

Here's an old post about the speedway: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22488

Caz

EasyEd
October 22nd, 2009, 19:43
Hey All,

Caz if you can't find any Fedex Halloween Costumes you can always wear a Lowes jacket with a 48 on it! :bump:

Seriously though have a good time!

-Ed-