PDA

View Full Version : Off and running, Western Air. Taco

Taco
October 21st, 2009, 09:50
:running:Well, here we are again! Setting up for EGUN to LFPB. DC-3 MAAM

Taco

Taco
October 21st, 2009, 11:42
:running:Great day in the morning! Landed at LFPB without to much trouble, with the exception of finding the airport as noted in the picture from the cockpit.

Taco

Taco
October 21st, 2009, 16:54
:running:Fueled up, oil checked and topped off, fresh coffee and some peanut butter sandwhichs. So we are off from LFPB to LFML.

Taco
October 21st, 2009, 19:45
:running:Happy days, made it to Marseille LFML, some bad weather. well, it looks like they finally got me and Dudley in uniform. 1st picture, the other two show some of the weather going into LFML.

Taco
October 22nd, 2009, 06:23
:running: Off again, heading for Rome, need a pizza fix. Leaving LFML for LIRA

Taco
October 22nd, 2009, 08:47
:running:Happy landings. Down and safe at LIRA, off to have some pizza and a little joy juice.:icon29:

Taco

Taco
October 22nd, 2009, 17:06
:running:We have had our fill of pizza here at Rome, now we are off to the land of Zeus. LIRA to LGAT

salt_air
October 22nd, 2009, 17:22
:running:We have had our fill of pizza here at Rome, now we are off to the land of Zeus. LIRA to LGAT

Looking good Taco......hang in there! :wavey:

Best of luck,

Taco
October 22nd, 2009, 18:22
:running:Darn, had a R/L power outage lost everything. Will re-do flight tomorrow. ^%$$#%^&

Taco
October 23rd, 2009, 13:54
:running:After my unfavorable power spike last night, and getting everything back together we are off again for the land of Zeus. LIRA to LGAT

Taco. hopping everything works!

menekod28
October 23rd, 2009, 15:16
Good hunting

Taco
October 23rd, 2009, 17:40
:running:By golly, we made it to the land of Zeus! Lots of fog on approach, and it cleared up just as we were making our turn for final. Sure is nice to land at an airport that isn't fogged in.

Taco

Milton Shupe
October 23rd, 2009, 18:07
That looks like a beautiful way to travel Taco ... great shots ... best of luck. :ernae:

Matt Wynn
October 23rd, 2009, 18:11
great shots Taco (last set in particular me being :greece: an'all), and as milton said good luck, look forward to hearing and seeing more of your progress :ernae:

Taco
October 23rd, 2009, 18:31
Hey Milton and Smoothie, thanks for your nice comments.

Taco
October 23rd, 2009, 18:39
:running:Here are some more pictures that wouldn't upload on my first post about landing at Athens.

bpfowler
October 23rd, 2009, 18:58
taco, really nice in-flight shots! looks like you got silverwings and classic ai, whose mesh are you using downt there in greece?

good flying, by the way-- it is a race, after all.

cheerio
brady

Taco
October 24th, 2009, 04:44
:running:Enjoyed our overnight stay in the land of Zeus, but alas, must move onward! LGAT Athens to LCRA Akrotiri, Cyprus.

Taco and Dudley P. Fudpucker.

Willy
October 24th, 2009, 08:52
Nice shot of the Parthenon Taco! Actually very nice screenshots all of them.

Taco
October 24th, 2009, 09:22
:running:Hot dog!, finally, some nice weather for most of this flight. A little cross wind on landing, but we made OK. Landed at LCRA, and now preparing the DC-3 for the next leg of our journey.

Taco and Dudley P. :USA-flag:

Taco
October 24th, 2009, 15:15
:running:Yea! I know the object is to win the race,:kilroy: but I thought I would take a little side trip to Beriut before heading for Baghdad. Here the flight: LCRA to OLBA.

Taco

Taco
October 24th, 2009, 16:35
:running:landed at OLBA. Now to pick up some goodies and head to baghdad I think.

bpfowler
October 24th, 2009, 18:48
gotta love that classic OLBA scenery, good job taking snaps for us!

Taco
October 25th, 2009, 05:35
:running:Well, here we go off to Baghdad ORBS.

Taco
October 25th, 2009, 08:20
Flight aborted, R/L issue, don't know when I will be flying again.

bpfowler
October 25th, 2009, 11:44
good luck R/L

Taco
October 26th, 2009, 11:15
:running:R/L issues taken care, Broken water lines, should be back in the air soon

jim

Taco
October 26th, 2009, 11:45
:running: OK, here we go again! OLBA to ORBS

Taco
October 26th, 2009, 14:40
:running:Landed at ORBS safe and sound! Had thunder storms, and plenty of rain after leaving OLBR Beruit, one good thing about the rain, it washed off the dust from Beruit that collected on our plane after setting there for a long period of time. :applause:

Taco :USA-flag:

Taco
October 26th, 2009, 16:42
:running:Here we are setting up for the next leg: ORBS to OIBB. Boy, I sure hope we don't run into Achmed in Bushehr, rumors are that he and his bad buddie's are in Iran somewhere.

Taco
October 26th, 2009, 19:29
:running:Safe landing at OIBB, had some fog or low clouds on approach, but cleared as we started our final, as noted in pictures. Great country for flying for some of the CNs bunch, NO TREES! hehe.

Taco :USA-flag:

Taco
October 27th, 2009, 06:07
:running:Well, spent an uneasy night at Bushehr OIBB wondering is our buddy Achmed was in the area. Still can't figure out why he is so upset with the CNs from Flight 19, but alas, made it through the night, sounds like a song title. We are off to Jask OIBB to OIZJ

Taco and Dudley P.

Taco
October 27th, 2009, 09:36
:running:Howdy all, well, with all kinds of weather, including thunder storms, rain, and some cross winds we made it into Jask OIZJ. Just before starting our descent an old plane pulled along side, and the pilot gave us a poopie looking grin, by george, it was Achmed! Now what this bugger had in mind sure don't know, but when Dudley opened the cockpit window and stuck out that double barreled shotgun, oh Mr. Achmed roll over and headed for the deck, and away from Jask. Hopefully, we have seen the last of him.

Taco and Dudley P.

Taco
October 27th, 2009, 12:52
:running: Howdy! well, we hurried and top off the fuel, oil for the next leg of the flight. We are hurrying because one of the local who we told about meeting Achmed suggested that we get the heck out of here before old Achmed comes back with a bigger gun. Sure sounded like a good idea to us so here we go: OIZJ to OPKC Karachi, India.

Taco and Dudley P.

Moses03
November 3rd, 2009, 06:46
Taco...come in Taco...

Been a week since Taco departed for Karachi. SAR has reported no sign of downed aircraft yet. Any pilots in the area please call in if you spot a silver and red DC-3. Hope the Bedouins didn't get there first...

bpfowler
November 3rd, 2009, 06:51
he's alive, he posted at another forum on november 1.
if he's down, he must have brought a netbook with him?

Taco
November 4th, 2009, 05:34
:running:I hope to be in the air soon! Been real busy working on three miles of dirt road with me old tractor. Been so darn tired when I get back, I just couldn't set in front of the computer for a long flight without falling asleep.

Jim

Taco
November 10th, 2009, 17:20
:running: finally made it! OIZJ to OPKC, Landed at OPKC Karachi.:applause:

Taco
November 11th, 2009, 11:57
:running:Off again. OPKC to VIJO

Taco
November 11th, 2009, 14:46
:running:Down safe and sound at VIJO.