PDA

View Full Version : arrvoo - Savoia Marchetti SM.79 - Golden Age

arrvoo
October 21st, 2009, 09:46
Taking the baton From Mildenhall (EGUN) to Belgrade (LYBE)

arrvoo
October 21st, 2009, 13:58
Safely down at Belgrade. Very nice flight, although the first hour and a half was in cloud and rain and headwinds. Once over the Alps though it mostly cleared up and switched to tailwinds so we could take in the scenery and get some nice visual bearings.

Colonial
October 21st, 2009, 16:26
Nice work fellow Savoia-chap!

Boy, did I pick the wrong SM for speed!:173go1:

arrvoo
October 22nd, 2009, 09:34
Thank you Colonial
The SM.79 is a great bird to fly this is a really nice freeware plane and a definate keeper. Just wish i knew a bit more about repaints, yours sure is a pretty plane.

arrvoo
October 22nd, 2009, 11:26
Setting off from Belgrade (LYBE) to Aleppo (OSAP)

arrvoo
October 22nd, 2009, 15:31
Arrived safely in Syria. This was a very bumpy ride right from take off. We were being thrown around a lot which made things very uncomfortable if not actually dangerous. Navigation went very well though and the airport was easy to find (although dead NDB's towards the airport had me worried for a short while)

arrvoo
October 24th, 2009, 01:37
A dawn start for the run from Aleppo (OSAP) to Baghdad (ORBI)

arrvoo
October 24th, 2009, 03:28
Nice easy flight with no dramas at all. Short on navaids but a short enough flight for it not to matter

arrvoo
October 24th, 2009, 07:40
A quick splash of fuel then off to Pakistan. ORBI - OPGD

arrvoo
October 24th, 2009, 12:31
Tricky long leg. I lost power over the mountains and it took me 15 minutes to figure out my carbs were icing up. A bit of carb heat sorted it out but it left me low on fuel and mileage. I then throttled back for the rest of the way and managed to get into Gwadar International with 35 gallons to spare.

I got an invalid Duenna on this flight. A had to restart Active Sky Advanced and i think it locked up FSX briefly generating an unavailable error. Can someone have a look at this for me and let me know if i need a refly or need to take a penalty. I have also included my Flight Analysis. Thanks

MM
October 24th, 2009, 12:58
This looks fine. Again, we have the Duenna registering a query about the "same aircraft" during a time out. For a second or so, it registered an error. The takeoff aircraft and the "resolved" aircraft are the same. And the position and speed before and after the momentary glitch show that the aircraft movement was normal. Looks like the inevitable small errors we get when making several pieces of software move at the same time.

No penalty.

arrvoo
October 25th, 2009, 09:41
After s good nights rest another long push to Allahabad

arrvoo
October 25th, 2009, 14:29
Down safe at Allahabad. The flight ended up being reasonably good despite Active Sky doing its best to scupper me. What with winds not doing what they should, and pressure being way off (went down to 13.31 in/hg at one point) and then creeping up and down constantly making me climb or descend, i'm seriously thinking of throwing it in the bin and going back to FSX's own weather.

All's well that ends well i suppose.

arrvoo
October 26th, 2009, 14:06
Next leg from Allahabad (VIAL) to Yangon Intl, Burma (VYYY)

arrvoo
October 26th, 2009, 15:44
Had a complate system lock up about 1.5 hours into the flight. Will have to redo it tomorrow.

Just glad it wasn't 3.5 hours into the flight :)

arrvoo
October 27th, 2009, 11:14
Here we go again VIAL-VYYY

arrvoo
October 27th, 2009, 15:27
Really nice flight. Tailwinds all the way, and mostly from straight behind. Good weather, good visibility and bang on course. Just about the perfect leg.

arrvoo
October 29th, 2009, 12:50
Taking off from Yangon heading for Singapore

arrvoo
October 29th, 2009, 17:36
Landed safely at Singapore.

arrvoo
November 1st, 2009, 08:07
Leaving Singapore for Indonesia WSSL-WADA

arrvoo
November 1st, 2009, 08:18
Just for info i got a Duenna error on take off. I got the "Duenna successfully started" message in FSX, but on checking Duenna was red with "can't connect to server" (or something similar). On "ok" ing this Duenna went green and seemed to be normal but was not being tracked on the website. I'm guessing this is the same problem that Rob's been getting and is a server or connection to server issue to do with the Duenna.
Anyway i have aborted the flight just in case and am resetting

arrvoo
November 1st, 2009, 08:32
Done exactly the same again on second attempt. The Duenna is giving a message saying "Can't start flight, serversays:"
On resetting the flight it won't let me abort saying "Can't stop flight, serversays:" And then Duenna just locks up altogether.

3rd attempt seems to be finally working, although Duenna did go red for a few seconds before giving the all green

arrvoo
November 1st, 2009, 12:40
Down and safe at WADA (WRRA).
Uninteresting flight mostly over the ocean. No drama's though and relatively light headwind. Making decent progress.

arrvoo
November 2nd, 2009, 09:27
Time for the trip over to final continent in this marathon race. WADA(WRRA)-YPDN

arrvoo
November 2nd, 2009, 14:14
PC crashed again. Will have to redo. Apologies to Rob on teamspeak for disappearing.

Great Ozzie
November 2nd, 2009, 14:39
No problem Harvey... just sorry to hear that happened of course and you get it sorted. I know it's frustrating.

arrvoo
November 8th, 2009, 08:30
Time for the trip over to final continent in this marathon race. WADA(WRRA)-YPDN

arrvoo
November 8th, 2009, 12:39
Another safely completed flight. And nice to be back in "civilisation" again. Flight was a bit monotonous over the ocean but with light winds straight on the nose navigation was nice and easy.

arrvoo
November 15th, 2009, 03:43
First leg in OZ YPDN-YCCY

Milton Shupe
November 15th, 2009, 04:46
Welcome to Ozzie land. :applause: Love your aircraft! :ernae:

arrvoo
November 15th, 2009, 07:19
Down at Cloncurry. Battled headwinds the whole way, seems like the winds are extremely unfavourable compared to a couple of weeks ago.

arrvoo
November 15th, 2009, 07:20
Welcome to Ozzie land. :applause: Love your aircraft! :ernae:
Thanks Milton. I do too, it's been great fun flying it for this distance, i've never once got fed up with it.

arrvoo
November 15th, 2009, 07:56
With a quick splash of fuel the race team has decided to take the 2 hour trip down to Charleville. It will be getting dark by the time we get there but the weather is favourable and it's worth the risk

Edit Seems i forgot to press the submit button on my post before i took off sorry. Gonna carry on unless anyone thinks i need to refly

MM
November 15th, 2009, 08:51
No worries, mate. ;)

arrvoo
November 15th, 2009, 09:48
Thanks Mike.

Headwinds have really plagued me for the second half of this event, another leg with wind on the nose all the way. Nice comforatable flight though. time for a bit of rest before the final push for Essendon.

bpfowler
November 15th, 2009, 17:09
looking forard to seeiing you in Melbourne!

arrvoo
November 16th, 2009, 12:37
Final leg and a dawn start. YBCV-YMEN

Precision flying estimate: 3 hours 05 minutes 29 seconds

Vicious
November 16th, 2009, 13:53
Good Luck, although I think you were a bit too precise in your estimate. I think we only guess to the minute. I'm with you though in that I estimated my flight would be right in the middle of the minute at 30 seconds and I decided to aim for faster rather than slower.

arrvoo
November 16th, 2009, 15:52
Down and safe at Essendon. Three and a half minutes inside predicted time which is the side i'd rather be on .
Another smooth flight (although my co-pilot directed me towards the wrong runway at first).
Now time for a well earned beer before the Citation X flight back to blighty for the MA flight back again

Moses03
November 16th, 2009, 16:17
Nicely done in the fancy trimotor. :ernae:

MM
November 16th, 2009, 16:38
Hooray! Good to have you drop by the Windsor before you leave town.

Now which Savoia Marchetti was the fastest...not that anyone would have noticed. ;)

Great Ozzie
November 16th, 2009, 17:47
Now which Savoia Marchetti was the fastest...not that anyone would have noticed.

Actually... I did hear on Teamspeak tonight this exchange:

Bry: Well Harv... I hope you had the fastest time...

Harvey: Aw c'mon Bro... I hope you had the fastest time!

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Congratulations Harvey! :ernae:

donlimpio
November 16th, 2009, 23:39
Congratulations! Well done and Nice plane

olli

EdGeneer
November 18th, 2009, 18:32
Well Done Arrvoo... Congrats... Welcome to Melborne...!!! :running:

Have a cold one. :icon29: