PDA

View Full Version : Home Towns

JoeW
October 21st, 2009, 08:46
Sometime back someone started a thread about the area you live in. I wanted to post something about Lake Placid so bad but there was nothing created about this little town. Now there is......
<object height="364" width="445">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WC1oLRQXSzk&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="364" width="445"></object>

If you fell out of a plane here you would likely land in a orange grove ..... or a caladium field.
I'm sorry I'm late with this but I thought ya'll might like to see this. The first mural, Cattle Drive" is on the side of a "Win-Dixie" and took over a year to paint. It has sounds too.

FAC257
October 21st, 2009, 13:17
Hey Joe

Those are really well done.

That area is one of the spots I've often thought of if I ever get to the point of wanting to move off the coast.

Driven thru many times, but the only real time I've ever been able to spend in that area is while having to work the 24Hr Sebring race one year. They had us housed just up the road for a little over a week.

FAC

TARPSBird
October 21st, 2009, 14:08
My hometown of Northbrook, Illinois is mainly famous as the setting for many of the late John Hughes' teenager movies in the 1980's. Our water tower was used for the "Save Ferris" sign in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northbrook,_Illinois

JoeW
October 21st, 2009, 14:17
Hey Joe

Those are really well done.

That area is one of the spots I've often thought of if I ever get to the point of wanting to move off the coast.

Driven thru many times, but the only real time I've ever been able to spend in that area is while having to work the 24Hr Sebring race one year. They had us housed just up the road for a little over a week.

FAC

Forest, someone in Tampa did that little movie. That is one feature of Lake Placid I really like. But that movie doesn't show all the murals. It's a town of about 10,000 and I think that includes the areas just outside the city limits. If you want to watch a movie ...... you gotta go to Sebring. Not much here but that's the good part. I lived in Tampa before this and they will steal the caps off you filler valves for your tires. No joke about that.

Cloud9Gal
October 22nd, 2009, 18:17
Very nice Joe! Amazing artwork! Thanks for sharing a corner of your world :)