PDA

View Full Version : Help! FSX won't run after reinstall!

brettt777
October 21st, 2009, 05:55
I recently had to reinstall Windows XP after some suto update it did started giving me the dreaded blue screen of death. So then of course I had to reinstall FSX. I have a step by step procedure for installing FSX and Accel that has always worked before but no matter how I do it, I can't run FSX. It always comes up with an error saying that the MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed and that I have to reinstall FSX to fix the problem. Which of course I have done a couple times only to get the same results. I have tried it before and after installing SP1 and SP2. Of course you can't install Accel until FSX has been activated and you have to run FSX to activate it (at least as far as I know you do). But no matter what procedure I try I get this same error. What/where is this MSXML4 SP2 component and how do I get it wher it needs to be? Since reinstalling XP it has auto updated all the way to SP3. Could SP3 have anything to do with it?

limjack
October 21st, 2009, 06:44
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3144B72B-B4F2-46DA-B4B6-C5D7485F2B42&displaylang=en

I am no computer wiz but take a look at the above. Not sure if this well help out.

Jim